The Pm 1228 Vf-lb Arrives Today

Well I spent most of the day assembling my stand and putting on leveling feet, I made another video of all this, then some friends stopped by and offered to help put the lathe up on the stand they kinda did not want to be in a video , so I have the lathe up on the stand but there will be no video of it getting done, I will post the stand assembly video tomorrow, but here are a few photos
lathe photos 025.JPG
lathe photos 022.JPG

Looking good! I'm very jealous as Matt sent pictures and specs on that machine last year when I was asking him about lathes. She looks sweeeeet!

Congratulations koba.
That looks real nice!

-brino

Good looking set up you got there. Very similar in size and footprint as my 10x28 10L. How about a couple of pictures of the left side and under the safety cover. Just wondering how easy is will be to make an outboard spider fit on the end of the spindle. Great looking lathe!

Good looking set up you got there. Very similar in size and footprint as my 10x28 10L. How about a couple of pictures of the left side and under the safety cover. Just wondering how easy is will be to make an outboard spider fit on the end of the spindle. Great looking lathe!
I just got up my age and some health problems are catching up to me. I have to go out this morning and start cleaning up everything, but you did ask a question that I can give you an answer to. I will go out there in a while and look over the machine and see how you can put a spider on the back of the machine.

here is a video on how I put the lathe stand together, the factory one, I did this yesterday, I was going to get the lathe running today but ran into a problem will keep posting as I go along, but may just take a few days off from this, i have to get things in the garage back in order.

Thanks for documenting Koba, I have the same stand for my Grizzly G0704 Milling machine. They are really crappy and with leveling legs like yours it is wobbly. So I had to make additional things to keep it from moving.

I made this video yesterday moving along with getting the lathe up and running I should have two more videos up today I may be taking a few test cuts later today.

DMX47 I think this video will give you an Idea about making a spider for the back of the spindle there does not look like there is much room to attach something from the outside, and the end of the spindle is threaded, but I do cover getting the belt on, and mounting the chuck.

Back