The Monkey's Shop

zekeymonkey

Registered
Registered
As I mentioned in my introduction I'm in the process, very early process, of building a building to use as a workshop. This thread will document the build. I'm sure I'll also be asking for opinions about some of the building details too. In fact I already have a few questions I know I'm going to present to the group, but those can wait a few days.

After much debate, I've decided on a 40x64x13 building. Basically, I'm going as big as I can reasonably afford. This size will allow me to wall off part of the building for a fully heated and cooled workshop. The rest of the building will be used as a garage for working on my cars.

Tomorrow is the first of many exciting days to come as the excavator is planning on breaking ground.

I'll post my general building floor plan later to day to see if anyone has some suggestions.

That will be a nice sized building, and I'm sure that you are really going to enjoy it. Can't wait to see some pictures.

I'll make a suggestion... Make sure the inner walls are easy to move as our shops have a bad habit of growing on us. One day it's a lathe and the next you got surface grinders and mills and something you aint even sure what the hell it does but it's made from cast iron so you brought it home

As I mentioned in my introduction I'm in the process, very early process, of building a building to use as a workshop. This thread will document the build. I'm sure I'll also be asking for opinions about some of the building details too. In fact I already have a few questions I know I'm going to present to the group, but those can wait a few days.

After much debate, I've decided on a 40x64x13 building. Basically, I'm going as big as I can reasonably afford. This size will allow me to wall off part of the building for a fully heated and cooled workshop. The rest of the building will be used as a garage for working on my cars.

Tomorrow is the first of many exciting days to come as the excavator is planning on breaking ground.

I'll post my general building floor plan later to day to see if anyone has some suggestions.

Very interested in seeing the floor plan. A photo documentation is probably required here. From bare ground even. :biggrin:

We spent yesterday afternoon and this afternoon emptying and stripping an old shed that's in the way. You can also some of the trees that must go too.

shed.JPG

shed.JPG

How much of the work are you doing yourself? I'm half way into my own build doing it all myself. Sometimes I wonder how nice it would be to pay someone to do these things.

Back