Stuck with 4 way toolpost. How to cope?

Keep in mind guys that the OP lives in Taiwan. He may have a hard time sourcing materials that we take for granted.

Keep in mind guys that the OP lives in Taiwan. He may have a hard time sourcing materials that we take for granted.

I buy almost everything I use from Taobao because better to get it straight from the source. But it also limits my ability to get US made anything...

No QCTPs for sale in Taiwan ? Hard to believe , but maybe true . :dunno:What size is the lathe and what size QCTP would it take , none of this was mentioned in the thread .

No QCTPs for sale in Taiwan ? Hard to believe , but maybe true . :dunno:What size is the lathe and what size QCTP would it take , none of this was mentioned in the thread .
It's a Victor 1630 lathe.

Problem is China doesn't use AXA/BXA/CXA size rating... it uses 100/200/300/400 size ratings so it takes me a while to decode what the size number means.

99% of the lathes I seen in Taiwan all use 4 way toolpost.

So you would be looking for a CXA or a 300 . Nothing over there ?

So you would be looking for a CXA or a 300 . Nothing over there ?
Actually I would want a 400... mainly because all the 300s only have 19mm tool holders and my tool holders are all 20mm.

Taiwan's auction/shopping listings are completely dominated by Chinese shills. Everything listed is from China except you pay a huge premium and you have to wait the weeks for it. I order it myself in that case.

So you know what you want . A 400 series or CA .

Taiwan's auction/shopping listings are completely dominated by Chinese shills. Everything listed is from China except you pay a huge premium and you have to wait the weeks for it. I order it myself in that case.

Well , there is nothing different from there to here . Find a reputable dealer and buy that post and holders . :encourage:

Back