Stray pig

Even more coyotes, which my understanding is that in Indiana can be shot on your own land at any time without a permit.
If racoon, squirrel, rabbit, possum, fox or coyotes are a nuisance, then yes you can in Indiana on your own property. DO NOT keep the fur however, if you do you are violating the hunting regulations then.

In California crows are a game bird with a season. Fish and game even published recipes for them. There is a good reason for the old saying eating crow.

A few years back, before the I'net exploded, there was a buddy of mine at one of the mills where I worked. He had a coyote captured in a small town caged in his pickup. Some animal rights folks got wind of it and when they showed up in the parking lot, called him out. When he went out to the parking lot, they started in on him with lots of legal mumbo-jumbo. While they were yelling, he reached into his glove box, took out a revolver, and shot the coyote in the cage. Coyote are (at least were) considered the same as feral hogs. Shoot on sight, no season, no limit. They shut up and left, he locked the revolver and went back to work. . . This in an urban location. No cops were called.

Back