Storage solutions

I could probably use some of the Drills also if there will be any left. I will verify tomorrow that my lathe is an MT2 taper, and check which bits that I have.

Thanks

I will add you to the list @Wylarry im not sure what will be left exactly but you will be the last i put on a list for now until i get them in hand to separate out.

you could use an mt2 reamer set for holding them in the pvc. drill and use the set. cheap ones can be found on Amazon for $20

I dunno... I guess I tend to not overthink it. I would like to complete my collection, though.
R3505873-01

I do have a MT2 reamer so i may go that route on the plastic. I just dont know how i would drill the hole honestly.

Wood works well for holding steel if you treat it with some oil. Avoid wood that has higher tannic acid content, oak!
yep, I have used walnut, pine, and maple. No rust yet. I also use plastic.. I made a MR Pete type of drill/tap index for fast access. it has proved invaluable, made it out of a corporate display of some sort that I got at a garage sale they had a lot of metal and plastics. it was thick lucite..
it had a card laminated into two pieces of lucite... who cares... I knew it would come in handy some day.
20200410_211120.jpg

You can laminate that.foamed pvc with... wait for it... pvc cement ;-)
Glob it, clamp it, come back tomorrow to a double thick slab!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My larger mt drills are in a bin next to my mill that I built a while back. The smaller ones are in two mt drill indexes that I got at a yard sale.

Attachments

• received_590385498814047.jpeg
    received_590385498814047.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 21
It would be nice to get an index but they prob are not cheap and i have only like 21 drills that wont even fit in the index i am sure.

Back