Storage solutions

What size taper? Once you sort things out, if you have any MT2's, please let me know. I have none, and need to build up a collection 1/2" and up.

@WobblyHand your are in luck they are all MT2. I will put you on the list buddy. Just so everyone is aware the drills will be 3$ a drill and no shipping included but i will do flat rate.

@WobblyHand your are in luck they are all MT2. I will put you on the list buddy. Just so everyone is aware the drills will be 3$ a drill and no shipping included but i will do flat rate.
Woohoo! Let me know when you have some ready.

You will be on the list. I will try to build a set for you and have it set aside bc i know how ya feel with having nothing.

I would likewise be very interested. I have no MT drills but do have an MT2 tailstock. Trying to use the couple of large reduced-shank drills i do have in a chuck has only gone so well.

I could use some MT3. I'll be looking for your list.

My preference is to not use wood for storing cutting tools. Wood can absorb moisture which can lead to rusting. It also swells with moisture which can make tool removal more difficult There is expanded PVC material which is used for outdoor trim and railing which is easy to machine and dimensionally stable.
For those of us who don't live in Menards country, try the millwork/trim section of Lowes. They don't have a huge selection, but I've been able to find 1x4 expanded PVC "boards" there.

Wood works well for holding steel if you treat it with some oil. Avoid wood that has higher tannic acid content, oak!

Back