Storage solutions

Brento

Registered
Registered
what is the best way to store some MT drills. I have 100 coming my way. I am going to build a set or so then prob sell the rest but i need a storage idea. I can only think of a block of wood.

Burn some holes in a styrofoam block . ;)

Mine came in plastic cases. I marked each case (in really large characters on 2 sides) with the size of the MT drill. The tapered shank drills are well protected in these plastic cases.

I have the marked cases laying flat one layer deep on the shelf of a cart.

A block of wood seems like a good idea.

My preference is to not use wood for storing cutting tools. Wood can absorb moisture which can lead to rusting. It also swells with moisture which can make tool removal more difficult There is expanded PVC material which is used for outdoor trim and railing which is easy to machine and dimensionally stable.

Mine came in plastic cases. I marked each case (in really large characters on 2 sides) with the size of the MT drill. The tapered shank drills are well protected in these plastic cases.

I have the marked cases laying flat one layer deep on the shelf of a cart.

A block of wood seems like a good idea.
Mine are all coming in 2 medium flat rate boxes. 100 drills lol. So no tubes for me.
My preference is to not use wood for storing cutting tools. Wood can absorb moisture which can lead to rusting. It also swells with moisture which can make tool removal more difficult There is expanded PVC material which is used for outdoor trim and railing which is easy to machine and dimensionally stable.
I like that idea and i know exactly what you are talking about. That would not take much to do either.

I just bought a bunch and they came with wood blocks which I don’t really have room for. I may be using a piece of bed liner I have laying around to put them in my toolbox laying flat.

I’m missing one or two so let me know when you’re ready to sell the extras.

John

Sounds good. I will say i think alot are doubles in a MT2 but ill let. Ya know. I will be getting them on Wednesday if the PO does the job lol. So i think by next Friday i will have them sorted and ready to sell

Drill index boxes may be bought that will hold up 1" diameter (2 boxes for the whole range of diameters from 33/64 to 1" by 1/64" increments) Made by Hoyt.

I would be interested in any of the duplicates over 1”.

Back