Storage for screw-machine (stubby) drills

How do you all store your short length drills? I have accumulated a bunch, which I purchased several at a time from McMaster. I have them in a tool box drawer and I have to fumble through them for the size I need. I'd like to get an empty index but indexes for short-length drills are almost non-existent.
On a drill stand between the mill and lathe:

Round column and tools_stub drills.jpg

Craig

i kinda like this

View attachment 395856
I have been searching... and that is a great deal for all three... I need this as well. I have a bunch of drill bits that I bought and are just sitting in a box... Need to sort them and store them.

Pulling the trigger on this one.

I have been searching... and that is a great deal for all three... I need this as well. I have a bunch of drill bits that I bought and are just sitting in a box... Need to sort them and store them.

Pulling the trigger on this one.
yes.. once the spring season starts.. i will be ordering that one too and a bunch of other stuff

Not my idea, but bought these sets (metric & fraction) I had been searching for a metric set for some time with no luck, so was quite happy to pay the $51 for these two sets.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 11
@kiwi_007 - You can buy metric (and imperial) transfer punch stands here: link. About $22 for the 1-13 by half mm. Cheap import transfer punch sets aren't much more than that; could repurpose the rack and just tuck the punches away to use when needed.

[edit] - I read your post too quickly; thought you were looking for metric. Anyway - link there for anyone who wants a stand! There is a seller of these on ebay too; slightly better price.

3d printing certainly a good, cheap option too: link

MetricDrillHolder3DPrinted.jpg

Last edited:
Back