Spring Tool Holder

Great vid and tool. Seems pretty logical after the scribe explanation. And being able to plunge that handle, man thats slick

I enjoy watching the Oxtoolco videos - it's like being able to look over the shoulder of a talented machinist. He's a talented guy who's willing to share what he knows for free - hard to argue with that. About the spring tool holder: This was new and intersting to me (a newbie, remember). After watching the video, I did a bit of web searching to see if I could find more information, but came up blank. Does anyone know if these have another/different name?

That particular video wasn't too long winded. I actually stuck around long enough to learn why the spring tool post works. I'm more of a Kieth Fenner fan, He generally gets right to the heart of the matter. :))

Has anyone used the spring tool holders for parting tools? Is it worth tracking one down?

In my opinion, no. I like the rigid aloris-type tool post holders better for parting. I'd have to hunt to find my spring cutoff tool, but I'd be interested in selling it since I like my quick change one better.

Haven't built one yet, but apparently they work well in a shaper. Mat try it one the next time I cut dovetails.

Greg

This one is specifically for threading. I am going to modify it to use in my quick change.

"Billy G"

102_0507 (800 x 531).jpg

Thanks for posting. Never knew about these.

Back