Spring Tool Holder

MikeWi

Active User
Registered
I've seen these before in old pictures, and while I've always understood their purpose, it turns out that I didn't really understand how they do it. Oxtoolco has an interesting video about them that I though was worth sharing.

[video=youtube_share;KETVR9qtEmY]http://youtu.be/KETVR9qtEmY[/video]

I've watched a couple of his videos, and to me, well, I just had trouble staying focused on the point of the video. Not just this one, but all of them. Seems like he says 1000 words for every 25 word sentence. Oh well - just my afternoon jabbering... :whistle:

I'd be glad to hear his 10 billion of his ramblings and digest 1/10,000,000,000 of this guys wisdom.

I agree, Tom Lipton knows his stuff. Well worth watching!
I need to make one of those.

Thanks for sharing. I've never seen anything like that before. I spent several years around bar stock machines early in my manufacturing career, and they were almost all form tools, most 2" to 3" wide.

I've watched a couple of his videos, and to me, well, I just had trouble staying focused on the point of the video. Not just this one, but all of them. Seems like he says 1000 words for every 25 word sentence. Oh well - just my afternoon jabbering... :whistle:
we are waiting on the correct way of doing this in video,,,, jabbering jabber jabber,,,,

- - - Updated - - -

sent Pm's over 2 hours ago, and still no response. Still waiting....

I won't say I haven't done a lot of fast-forward action on his videos, but he's got some good stuff.:thumbsup:

Reply withdrawn - no need......

I won't say I haven't done a lot of fast-forward action on his videos, but he's got some good stuff.:thumbsup:

I agree he has great knowledge and ability as a machinist.

Last edited:
I've seen these before in old pictures, and while I've always understood their purpose, it turns out that I didn't really understand how they do it. Oxtoolco has an interesting video about them that I though was worth sharing.[QUOTE]

Thanks for the post, I have old lantern tool post version of that tool and knew what it was supposed to do but did not really understand how it worked either.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

I wish I'd known about that toll when I in the job shop running a #3 Warner Swasey turret lathe. I ran a 4 tool turret post so I could set up 4 different tools then just rotate as needed, my boss liked to come in and set up a plunge tool much like what he was showing and it never work now I can see why.
Thanks for submitting the post.

Todd

Back