South Bend A 9" 3 1/2

please I need your advises!

• advise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • parts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have scraped in plain bearing spindle so yours is not impossible to do. The first thing to do is take the spindle to your local auto engine rebuild shop and have the spindle shaft o.d. honed, to get it straight and concentric. Now you have a master to use to spoon scrape the plain bearings to. Good luck

101_0560.jpg

Kernbigo, thank you for your input!
yes, I am planning to take my new spindle to the auto rebuild shop to hone it.

but I replaced my old flat headstock with the high speed version showing in this pic! still waiting to get it maybe today or tomorrow by mail!

thank you

South-bend-lathe-headstock-casting-serrated-bearings-adpic.PHP.jpg

guys, any idea for any cheap and good motor to use with my high speed setup? belts ??? I am about to start the rebuild!

I am planning to buy the 2 step southbend pulley, but it's looks like little expensive for such a pulley! $50+

thank you

Get a good brand motor - you will pay more, but it will likely last your lifetime. I am not sure of the original motor spec. It is likely a 1725 rpm motor and 3/4 or 1 hp (this is guess!!!).

I have done 2 band saws 2 lathe, all work great,you can use a different speed contoler or the one out of the thread , mill here is the wireing dia. for a mc60 contoler

mc60 wireing.jpg

OK, please easy with me, I think I got lost here, the information start getting it bigger than my small brain!:confused 3:
please give me the recommended name of the motor, and the commanded name speed controller, belts etc...

I some vfds for $200 is there cheaper to get?

thank you!

Back