Solenoid questions

Take a look at this, does it make sense to you

Attachments

• 20201209_094117.jpg
    20201209_094117.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 21
So it looks like the basic wiring is alright.
1. Is it safe to say that one solenoid is for out and the other is for in?

2. On the remote control circuit board there are 4 wires and one that is red and looks to be an antenna wire. So on the other 4
* one is red and goes to the red wire that jumps post 6 on both solenoids. Is that wire hot?
*one is white and goes to post 5 on the 2nd solenoid.
*one is blue and goes to post 5 on the 1st solenoid
* one is black and goes to the on/off remote control switch.

So is it safe to say that the red wire provides the power from the circuit board to the solenoids for in and out. Would it be safe to say that the white and blue wires tell which solenoid to work and therefore go in or out. Would it be safe to say the black wire when turned on tells the whole to work.

First of all I want to thank all that have responded, but still have some things to figure out.

My winch runs so that is great. When it quit working a while back I was winching on a small shed. I heard and saw a couple sparks from the winch and it all stopped. I thought solenoid shorted out. That was a few months ago. Since then I bought two new solenoids and wired them in as the two old ones were, I also discovered one of the wires on the female remote control cord had broke inside the box.

This morning I had my winch out in front of my truck and connected to the battery. I was trying to figure out which wires hooked to what on the socket (remote control cord) so that the remote would work. So the winch is connected to the truck with all wires where they go except the r/c ones (3 of them). One of those wires is attached to post 5 on solenoid #2 and one of them is attached to post 5 on solenoid 1. The 3rd one is just hanging. Well i touched one of the wires that is connected to the frame of the winch and it started right up. I then touched the other wire from the other solenoid and it also started right. So i discovered that by touching those wires to the the frame the winch ran in and out depending on which wire i touched it with.

So how do i wire those 3 wires into the female socket on the r/c cord and which goes where so that the winch will run when the r/c cord is used.....does all that make sense

The three wires, ones should go to ground, and the other two one goes to each solenoid as you already know. Ground provided to each #5 terminal, is what turns on each solenoid. The control just connects one or the other to ground.

I will be getting a brand new remote control cord this saturday. It is 3 pronged. Just wondering what wire goes to what prong hole.

I think my problem is on this sheet with one or more of the wires here.

I think the wires from #5 post are fine. The wire going from the circuit board to the r/c rocker switch is fine. That leaves the one going from the "remote controlled female socket" to the r/c rocker switch or the one going from the r/c rocker switch to grounded on the frame. I didn't know where it went so I grounded it to the frame. What do you think about these wires and where they go. That ground one I just did

Attachments

• 20201210_122346.jpg
    20201210_122346.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 8
You have the right idea. Without testing the remote, I cannot say which terminal is which. If you have a meter, the remote will connect one of the wires to the other when the switch is pushed one way, and then to the third when pushed the other. That common wire is the one that gets grounded.

I think I am closing in on this. Got my new remote, it has 3 wires. I think the blue and black would go to the #5 posts on the solenoids and the red would go to the rocker switch. What do you guys think am I on the right track. If this is correct then the rocker switch is all that is left

Attachments

• 20201212_070253.jpg
    20201212_070253.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 3
Back