Smithy parts drying up

I wouldn't be surprised if that lasted long enough that you completely (OK, almost completely) forgot about the issue...

GsT

I’m thinking I will do the same for now. Is that JB weld? I’ll go look at my local gun store for some release agent for stock bedding, I like this idea. I’m still going to try and make this part so wish me luck. If I’m successful maybe it will help others
Yes, JB Weld. The release agent is just what I had on hand. I’m sure WD-40 or even Pam cooking spray sprayed on the threads, but I’ve been plenty enough of a release agent. Use both in the past. I also will eventually make something but I’m at this point if I’m gonna spend time making anything I’m not gonna duplicate this design I’ll try to implement an actual half nut design. With at least a little backlash adjusting This response does not come out right or there’s serious spelling issues. I’m using talk to text and I don’t have my glasses. So I can’t even proofread it.

Yes, JB Weld. The release agent is just what I had on hand. I’m sure WD-40 or even Pam cooking spray sprayed on the threads, but I’ve been plenty enough of a release agent. Use both in the past. I also will eventually make something but I’m at this point if I’m gonna spend time making anything I’m not gonna duplicate this design I’ll try to implement an actual half nut design. With at least a little backlash adjusting This response does not come out right or there’s serious spelling issues. I’m using talk to text and I don’t have my glasses. So I can’t even proofread it.
wish me luck. I found that you can buy carbide internal threading bits that are one piece. They can thread smaller diameter holes, I plan on using your epoxy trick to fix the part long enough to thread the new part.
I used lots of WD-40 as the release agent, i really hope it doesn’t stick.

IMG_1099.jpeg

wish me luck. I found that you can buy carbide internal threading bits that are one piece. They can thread smaller diameter holes, I plan on using your epoxy trick to fix the part long enough to thread the new part.
I used lots of WD-40 as the release agent, i really hope it doesn’t stick.

View attachment 481783
I was looking at those myself. Just a tad to expensive for me to see if they match the thread? I also came to the conclusion this set up is not going to gain much if any reduction in back lash,

I was cooking right along, made some parts and experimented with some inserts. Decided to finish up a shaft and thread the end.

I got to pass # 4 and a clunk tick tick tick. Lost a change gear.

My machine was missing a few gears when I got it. Friend of mine printed up some replacements in PLA they have worked well up until now. I used a different combination of gears. This failed plastic on plastic. Not sure if heat stressed , lube contamination. So im on the hunt for new metal gears.

My friend says he will print some up with Nylon this time now that he has some.

32t gear smoked 60t gear not as bad.

Attachments

• IMG_4324.jpeg
    IMG_4324.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4323.jpeg
    IMG_4323.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 1
Back