Shop temperature control

It is if it's your own labor.;)

Edit: And think of the money saved on the gym subscription!
I'm thinking of the heart attack in this heat wave. And how hard it is to dig by a foundation. Done that a few times for about 8 feet. It was hard in this clay and I wouldn't want to do it again now that I am older. A trencher doesn't help near the foundation.

I'm thinking of the heart attack in this heat wave. And how hard it is to dig by a foundation. Done that a few times for about 8 feet. It was hard in this clay and I wouldn't want to do it again now that I am older. A trencher doesn't help near the foundation.
I wouldn't want to do it either but my brother did. Hr was tired of dealing with his cold basement. Anyway, for those who are building new, it is good way to lower long term heating/cooling costs.

it was 94 feels like 119 an hour ago.. and it was hot. I had been out taking down my volleyball courts and was toast (soaked all the way through and brain fog..) . Thankfully the feels like is down to 113 now.
Drove through NJ yesterday, it was 100F for most of the way. Too hot for me. I'm in cool Maryland ;) , but I'm missing Iceland and temperatures in the 50's.

So freaking hot... and to top it all off, the leaves have been falling at an extremely high rate. We have had rain, lots of it in late July and August, so they are not falling due to a drought. My pin oaks normally are last to drop, and don't fully drop until spring... They are dropping major amounts of leaves. My pears also late are early... Both my neighbors maples are dropping heavily. In order to protect the grass from not being able to get sun and breathe, I had to use the sweeper today, 50" wide about and 2 loads... That's a lot for this early, normally it would be late October for this...
Anyone else at this latitude (NJ) or south experiencing this. I know up north you guys start now... I remember my time in VT in Oct it was freezing already...

I'm about 670 miles north of you and the leaves are just starting to turn no drops yet
Mont Tremblant is only about 490 from here, I think your 670 is based on traveling west. MT is directly north for me, and about your latitude.
The fact that your's are just turning but not dropping, has me thinking this is heat stress.. acorns are also dropping, might wind up being a mast year.

Mont Tremblant is only about 490 from here, I think your 670 is based on traveling west. MT is directly north for me, and about your latitude.
The fact that your's are just turning but not dropping, has me thinking this is heat stress.. acorns are also dropping, might wind up being a mast year.
Ya that 670 miles is not straight North as the crow flies, but via road. And yes it includes some westerly travel. Google Earth puts a straight line NW at about 505 miles.

just to continue this, I had another 2 sweeper loads of leaves today. One of my neighbors said the same, he's never seen this level of drop this early. He's trying to tell me this will be a cold snowy winter. Not sure I agree. Do you think the trees know?

Back