Shop Lighting

I bought a couple of packs of these.
Once installed I discovered new corners of my garage!

(Pack of 6) Barrina LED T5 Integrated Single Fixture, 4FT, 2200lm, 6500K (Super Bright White), 20W, Utility Shop Light, Ceiling and Under Cabinet Ligh https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01HBT3BVM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_GQtQOuFdLhWNO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already had seven 8 ft dual fluorescent fixtures already installed. I replace the bulbs with direct wire LED replacement tubes, the highest, whitest output I could find. Required rewiring the fixtures, but that was easy. My shop is also 1200 sq/ft w/13 ft ceiling. Plenty of light. I placed the lights to best light the center area of the shop and let the corners and walls be a bit dark because I don't really need the light in that area. I have a mezzanine above my lathe & mill and placed one of the fixtures on each side of the mill, and I added a 4 ft fixture directly above my lathe.

The 3 fixtures around the door rails are hung so the lights still work when the door is open. I re-hung them, the door used to cover 2 of them, still gives plenty of light in that area.
1581294612476.png

After taking this picture I realised that I'm an idiot. The two 8 ft fixtures are lighting a lot of area that they don't need to. Don't need much light on the back of the mill. But the lathe could use more direct lighting, I'm going to move the fixtures a couple feet to the left, over the lathe.
1581294848951.png

Last edited:
My main garage has 3, 4' 4 bulb fl that I rewired for LED. The LED upgrade is worth it to me.

flicker free drivers are worth looking at , some led's are direct mains voltage with no drivers as such, they have the most flicker.

I closed my eyes, and pointed with my finger, then ordered 6 lights for my garage extension. Seemed like a reasonable solution to choose.:laughing:
Yeah pretty hard to go wrong.

not exactly dedicated shop lighting but I have been loving the light from the led ceiling grid lights , they are sized to fit standard drop ceiling grids but most have kits available for hanging them also , nice defused light and quite cheep too.

I wish my shop looked like that, but I could never keep it that clean. Looks like you could eat off of the floor.

Back