Shop Lighting

MattM

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm at the point of deciding on shop lights for my new shop. Floor space is 1200 sq ft, ceiling height is 13'. I want to go LED and I want very good lighting.

Suggestions as to source, type, and number of fixtures? I humbly await the wisdom of the fraternity.

I just installed 6, 5000 lumen LED corncob lamps. They cover all areas of my 25 x 30 garage. Goodbye fluorescent's.

I just installed 6, 5000 lumen LED corncob lamps. They cover all areas of my 25 x 30 garage. Goodbye fluorescent's.
What's a "corncob lamp"? How high is your ceiling?

Seems like those might work for me. Do they screw into standard 120vac sockets?

If you have six for 750 sqft I'd probably need about eight to cover my 1200 sqft area. (Actually less subtracting the office and restroom)

Thank you---Matt

I've spent the last two days hanging 12 x 21000 lm high bay LEDs in my 13' ceiling 960 sf shop... That's 262.5 lumens per square foot. Still pulling wire today, but I can post a picture when I'm finished and the lights are on... It should be brighter than the sun in there.
71pCA1shrWL._SL1500_.jpg

The more I research this subject the confuseder I get.

I closed my eyes, and pointed with my finger, then ordered 6 lights for my garage extension. Seemed like a reasonable solution to choose.:laughing:

Back