Sheldon 12 Inch Shaper I wasn't looking for, but found!!

Thanks Guys-

For some reason, YouTube didn't upload an HD version of my video, even though I shot it in full HD. I'll have to work on that. I have a Vimeo account that DOES let me, so I may have to upload there on the next one.

Bernie

Nice job Bern, by the way I tried what you said with my S110, but it will only do about 10 sec and shuts down. Gotta read the book again.
sam

Hey Sam

I think there is a time limit on the super-slow-motion. But my camera has another slow motion setting which is 1/2 the effect, but less of a limit on time

Bernie

It sounds like it is quieting down quite a bit. Did you end up changing that lumpy belt or has it just worked itself out?

Wow Ed!

You picked that out!! To my complete surprise, it worked it self out over the past few weeks (maybe with a little help from me).
I may have inadvertently helped it along by a great mechanical sacrilege (hahhah) - there had also been a belt squeal which was making me crazy too- so I started spraying that belt with a light CRC penetrating oil of some kind, and I think that also softened that belt up.
I turned on the RPC, turned on the Sheldon Shaper motor, left the clutch disengaged, a quick spray on the belt to kill the squeal, and let it run for a few hours at a time.
I do believe the thump is about 98 percent gone. Not 99, but good enough for me!

Bernie

Back