Scrap it or try to get it fixed?

Yes there is a schematic inside the case, one side has all the electronics, the other side has discharging the capacitor/input wiring/torch connection & type which says Magnum pct 60 plasma torch

Something just dawned on me that this is a 40, the tag inside the cover calls out a 60 torch, the power cord is a 3 ph 4 wire not using the 4th wire, it is wired for single phase but the tag in the cover shows both hookups, wonder if this is even the right cover?

I robbed the power cord to use on my Lincoln tombstone as it was only about 3' at most.

I'll probably order that torch in a few days and give it a try, Wonder if consumables are readily available state side?
The 40 and 60 amp machines probably used the same torch and the same case. A 60 amp chinese torch will probably do the trick. You'll probably need the larger size torch to fit the everything at the end of the whip inside the torch.
Yes consumables are readily available for those torches stateside. Here's an ebay seller that sells the consumables for the chineese stuff : http://stores.ebay.com/PlasmaDyn-Plasma-Welding-parts?_rdc=1
There are other sellers too. The torch can also be had stateside but you'll probably pay a few bucks more but it will come much quicker. When I had my longevity machine I had bought extra torches and consumables off of e-bay, pretty cheap too. Shop around. Don't buy any consumables yet until you can get your machine fired up...just in case.:))

Marcel

Sounds like you are on the right path ,if it doesn't work you can recoup most of your dough on the torch with a resale, so it will be a fairly cheap test and will likely work

I've got a couple sales pending on some of my more expensive tooling, if they go through I'll go ahead and order a torch and try this thing out.

Well both deals manifested and I got a little jingle in my pocket (Paypal) So now I need to decide which way I should go, with the adapter Chuck showed me and a whole new whip/torch or just the torch head Marcel showed me. :thinking:

Well both deals manifested and I got a little jingle in my pocket (Paypal) So now I need to decide which way I should go, with the adapter Chuck showed me and a whole new whip/torch or just the torch head Marcel showed me. :thinking:
The welding supply store I deal with in Murfreesboro is Air Gas right off the Square (South Side).Every one There is Very good at fixing Problems like these.

The welding supply store I deal with in Murfreesboro is Air Gas right off the Square (South Side).Every one There is Very good at fixing Problems like these.

I talked to Cory about this a year ago and all he suggested was taking it to the $90 an hour guy. They do treat me well there though. I'm gonna be buying an acetylene tank from them soon.

You live here in Murfreesboro? Give me a call sometime as there are at least 4 members right here in the Murfreesboro area. 631-6671

Your Lincoln Dealer or Lincoln's website should have the correct schematic for your power unit [welder] hopefully. Make sure the AC power is hooked up properly first of all. Next, does the schematic show the connections for the trigger switch? If so & you're certain where the trigger input terminals are, jumper them & see if the weld contactor & high frequency/voltage weld initiation starts [if it has it]. At this point you should be able to run it as a normal arc welder.

Back