Rotary table questions

This is exactly like a clone of the B&S #0 dividing head and tailstock. Even with 'lower quality' workmanship and laterials, you can do a lot with a dividing head like that. I use mine a lot.

This is exactly like a clone of the B&S #0 dividing head and tailstock. Even with 'lower quality' workmanship and laterials, you can do a lot with a dividing head like that. I use mine a lot.
I was hoping someone would say something like that. Its not going to be on the top of my list but I've always wanted to be able to afford that kind of tolling.

I could use some input on which rotary table, indexing plates, tail stock setup to go with.
I'm looking at CME Tools

8" HORIZONTAL VERTICAL ROTARY TABLE 4-slot, Dividing plates,tailstock #TSL200-GV​

for about $450 + shipping

or a Vertex setup for about $1200.

I tried to find some reviews on the CME on boobtube....but it looks like they are blocked or something(?) pushing all the cheaper rotary tables (<$200).
Any thoughts........from what I've found Vertex is Taiwan made and is higher rated....but is it THAT much better quality than the CME....at almost triple the price?
I'm guessing CME is made in China.....but maybe a little better than some of the other (stuff)? I know their company in near Detroit....some of their tools are made in the U.S. and others are imports like everywhere else.
I don't need top of the line.....but I don't want to have to repair, file or machine something that is new. Disassemble and clean...I understand.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Bill

I could use some input on which rotary table, indexing plates, tail stock setup to go with.
I'm looking at CME Tools

8" HORIZONTAL VERTICAL ROTARY TABLE 4-slot, Dividing plates,tailstock #TSL200-GV​

or a Vertex setup for about $1200.

I tried to find some reviews on the CME on boobtube....but it looks like they are blocked or something(?) pushing all the cheaper rotary tables (<$200).
Any thoughts........from what I've found Vertex is Taiwan made and is higher rated....but is it THAT much better quality than the CME....at almost triple the price?
I'm guessing CME is made in China.....but maybe a little better than some of the other (stuff)? I know their company in near Detroit....some of their tools are made in the U.S. and others are imports like everywhere else.
I don't need top of the line.....but I don't want to have to repair, file or machine something that is new. Disassemble and clean...I understand.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Bill
I know nothing about this, just saw it on ebay. says its new and the vendor has a 99.3% rating though.

don't know what it would cost to get the dividing head parts but might find them on ebay new or used.

That 's really cheap for the entire kit, plates & foot stock.
Vevor sells the 8" in either 4 slot $174 or 3 slot $206 but no plates or foot stock. They look like an exact knock off of the Vertex that I've got.
My Vertex is excellent, came clean inside, moves very smoothly. I got the 3 slot version so I could mount an 8" 3 jaw that has through mounting. I also found that by the time I use strap clamps there isn't much space left for work. I've made other means of attaching but ended up casting an 11" plate with 8 T slots. (Started out to be 12" but I had some problems with the mold.)
When you get the RT watch Joe Pie's RT videos.
endor has a 99.3% rating though.
I wouldn't put any faith in the eBay "ratings."

I have a new PM 932M mill. currently have a 4in vise on it, think a 6" would have fit nicely but it's fine for now. considering getting a rotary table. assume 6" would be the right size for this mill? also, seems like having a tilt option would be useful. advice and opinions welcome. thanks!
View attachment 381962
I have a PM940V and own a 10" Vertex which works very nicely. If I were in your spot an 8" would be the smallest I would look at.

is 932 a 9x32 table? I tried looking up the specs?
just remember that an 8" rotary is much heavier than a 6"
I would not consider a 10" for that mill. A knee mill, yes, but a bigger table than 9x32..
An 8" rotary table is not a small rotary? figure around 65 lbs. a 6" about 35 lbs.
His table is good for 300 pounds..... My 10" is roughly 100 pounds....

ebay ratings have done me well for a long time. I agree if a vendor has very few reviews but when there are almost 5,000 reviews with over 99% approval that's pretty good. has worked for me.

Back