Rockwell serial number?

I am so needing to get going on this project, maybe someday I will get all of the options done. I think I need to call call Dick Treimstra and get the parts to rebuild my qcgb. That and a coat of paint, I am ready to get moving on this project. Tim

I just bought a house in Salem,Ut. It has a small workshop with a perfect spot for my lathe. Hopefully I'll be getting it out of storage within the next two or three weeks. Once I do I'll look you up and we'll get together and compare notes.

Ok, we can do that...maybe we can swap some ideas, I have a few extra collet holder parts and maybe we can trade for some modification I need to have done. Do you have a good selection of tooling, holders, and options? I am continually adding to my collection. Maybe you can provide some advice on tearing the head down also....Tim

Well I am getting a NOS QCGB for my lathe, I figure its saving me about 3 days labor to just change it and I am sending my old one back as a core. Well at least now all I have left to do the the varidrive and spindle to get apart and figure out what is wrong. I am way too much into this lathe but I hope it will be almost perfect when its done. Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I could not stand it anymore and got a medium level Newall DP900 DRO for my lathe. It came with Microysn 5um scale for the crossfeed and a 10um scale for the carriage. I made an offer on ebay for 1250 and they took it. Now I just need to get my lathe done.....Tim

http://www.atechauthority.com/products.asp?id=442

p.s. my wife is going to be ****** if she finds out I have another attachment for my lathe that I have to finish paying for....

Newall.jpg dp900-last.jpg

Hey, Tim. Haven't forgotten you. I just got my lathe home and into its spot in the miniature workshop I now have. Likely to be a couple months before I get it set up and running again, though. I am up to my ears in alligators right now. Once things settle down I'll get in touch with you and we can do lunch or something.

So my new bed needs to get cleaned up, I am thinking maybe hot tank or chemical stripping? What sayeth the tribe? Tim

So my new bed needs to get cleaned up, I am thinking maybe hot tank or chemical stripping? What sayeth the tribe? Tim
Take a look at my thread. It hasn't been active for a while, but you should be able to find it (can't recall what the title is right now). I built a long box out of plywood, lined it with 4-mil plastic, then filled it with several gallons of EvapoRust from Harbor Freight. I laid a couple 1 x 1" stickers in the bottom to keep the bed off the bottom of the box, then laid the bed in upside down (bed rails down) and let it sit overnight. I think it did a pretty good job of de-rusting the bed. You could turn it over or lay it on its side to strip old paint off it. The EvapoRust will soften paint so that it can be easily remove with a wire brush (wear eye protection).

Well I have to stop buying accessories for my lathe, I just had to buy a Versa Mill. We had one in my old army unit and I fell in love with it. now I just need to get it sent from San Diego to Salt Lake. Tim

$_57.jpg

Hey, Tim. Still have your lathe? I put mine up for sale a couple months ago. Had one looker, but that just got my juices stirred up again. I just bought a 5-C collet closer, spindle thread protector, and collet adapter set off ebay. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually start making some chips with it pretty soon.

Back