Rockwell serial number?

astjp2

Active User
Registered
I just bought a rockwell 11x37 lathe and the serial number starts out with 119- will that tell me what year it is and what manual I need for it? Thanks Tim

you can got to OWWM ( old wood working machines ) and they have all the info on delta Rockwell serial numbers and you can figure out the date.

Rick

Thanks for the help, I have a 1956 variety! :)

Rich

Here is what I brought to the shop! I need to get the rest of the parts to get the collet closer working and really clean it up, the cross slide feels real loose in the nut. Tim

Tools 018.JPG Tools 005.JPG Tools 008.JPG Tools 009.JPG Tools 012.JPG

1957, good year! I hope..Tim

The 50's were a great decade for tools in general. Material was still relatively cheap and designs were becoming standardized on what we see today (less odd tapers, collets, belts etc)

Nice Find!
I am really hoping to find a metric gear set for threading and I need the #2 MT to 5C collet adapter for the spindle, I have the collet draw bar but not the rest of the parts...Tim

I am really hoping to find a metric gear set for threading and I need the #2 MT to 5C collet adapter for the spindle, I have the collet draw bar but not the rest of the parts...Tim

So how many of you spend the time anchoring, leveling, and truing up your machine? I am thinking that I am going to anchor it with 3/8" concrete anchors and washers to shim it level. I have some .006 shims so I think that I can get it pretty close. How close should I get it to being level? Tim

I know this is a bit off topic, but do you mind if I ask what you paid for your lathe? I'm looking at a Delta 11, but from the ad I don't think it has anything but a 3-jaw chuck with it. I'm wondering what folks are really paying. I have seen a couple on ebay, but the asking prices are always quite a bit higher than the settled price. My biggest concern is whether I'll ever be able to put together the accessories you got with​ your lathe.

Back