Rockwell 10" metal lathe - $1,500 (BALL GROUND, GA)

If this lathe were a couple thousand miles closer it would now be in my garage.

I'm finding there just aren't that many machines in the southeast, it just wouldn't be fair to start exporting them.
You're right. We live in a relatively barren region when it comes to good used machines. It happens every now and then, but usually used stuff is either worn out or exorbitantly priced or both.

Regards

That's only a few miles away from me......

That's only a few miles away from me......
Me, too, but you're closer. A few years ago I ran into a great deal on an extremely nice Kin Shin lathe - an exact duplicate of a Jet 1024 with a different label. I bought it, tore it down, cleaned it and put it back together. There was very little wrong with it, and it was essentially like new when I finished. It was complete, including the original tool box, tools and full set of standard and metric change gears. I had another lathe - a 13 x 40 3-phase. Being a very green rookie, I figured I wouldn't use the second lathe much, so I put it up for sale. First guy that looked at it bought it. He wasn't even out of my driveway before I realized I probably should have kept that lathe. I still regret it. I thought about going to look at that Rockwell - mainly because of its size. Occasionally, it's nice to have a second lathe around for a one-off turning. I have recently upgraded lathes and have not yet put the 13 x 40 up for sale. My wife has wisely suggested I just keep that one as a second lathe, but I'm still on the fence on that one. As a second lathe, smaller would be nice.

Bottom line: If you're interested in that Rockwell, you better grab it before someone else does. There's one like it on ebay that's in a little closer to showroom condition but other than aesthetics doesn't appear to be any better of a machine. It's priced about double the one in Ball Ground.

I won't be a bidding competitor with you, but if you don't want it, let us know. I may reconsider.

Regards,
Terry

I owned a similar 10" Rockwell which I sold for $800 when I purchased my 15" Nordic. I really don't have the room but since the Rockwell also had a collet setup, it would have been really handy as a second lathe. Only thing that would be better would be having three

Reactions: tjb
Thx, I sent an email to the seller.

David

Glad to hear someone is moving on this. It looks like a deal, even by west coast standards.

Reactions: tjb
Back