[How do I?] Repair A Table-saw Mitre Gauge......

I would JB weld with reinforcement strips on the bottom side. You may have to flatten the bottom by placing a sandpaper on glass and sand till flat. It's worth a try. Mark

I'm a big fan of the basic Incra V27 miter guage. They are about $60 nowadays.

This might be a good opportunity for you to make a good sled. Much better, more useful and safer than any miter guage.

slider_6.jpg miterslider_6.jpg

I agree with Mikey. The incra 1000 is what I have. What a nicely engineered tool! It makes mitering on a table saw a real breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I quit using the old Delta type miter gauges some time ago and got an Incra. They have expanding nylon washers on the bar that runs in the miter gauge slot. Makes them much more accurate. I had found that there was .014" of slop in the loose sliding fit of my miter gauge. That was not acceptable.

I did screw a piece of hard wood to the face of my anodized aluminum Incra miter gauge. It was so slippery that I could not keep wood from wanting to slide a little sideways when using it. The hardwood facing cured that.

I bought a incra jig back in the 90's, still use it when I want repeatable accurate crosscuts on the cabinet saw. It was a bit pricey back than, but time has proven it to be a very good investment.

[edit] hard to say for sure mine looks like the 1000 series as shown from the link above. The only thing I have noticed about the jig I was not pleased with, a couple months back I did a raised panel hallways/diningroom,/livingroom job for a nice couple. They also had an interesting stairway thrown into the mix, this jig does not do angles more than 50 degrees, and one direction was alittle bit less. I had to make up a custom jig to do this... maybe not an issue for most, but after that experience I do look at crosscut miters now :) still a wonderful piece of kit that has mad a lot of custom furniture and cabinet carcases.

Rich

Last edited:
Doctors always favor epoxy...

because they know it can be cured.

;)

You can center punch near the edges of your Delta miter gauge to tighten it up in the groove. But,I think it is unsightly and never did it.

I had to take my Incra apart and mill a groove all the way down the side of the bar. On my Clausing table saw,there is a key sticking out into the miter gauge slot that prevents the miter gauge from falling out when it's extended out past the table.

If your saw has such an arrangement,you can expect to either mill such a groove,or try removing that key.

On my Clausing table saw,there is a key sticking out into the miter gauge slot that prevents the miter gauge from falling out when it's extended out past the table.

George, interesting.....I have never seen that feature.
That would have stopped mine from hitting the floor in the first place.
-brino

George, interesting.....I have never seen that feature.
That would have stopped mine from hitting the floor in the first place.
-brino
My Grizzly miter gauge has a tab to prevent disengagement but it is only useful if the table slot is a Tee slot.

Back