Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

I live about a mile from HF.
Never go there.
I went to the store next door to it yesterday.
Needed some soy sauce.
Dong Yang has my favorite.
Sempio brand.
Bottle will last us at least a year.

Attachments

• 2023-05-03_07_44_34.jpg
    2023-05-03_07_44_34.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-05-03_07_45_04.jpg
    2023-05-03_07_45_04.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 14
I had to look that up. KEXP725 will get you there if you want to explore option that they might have forgotten... The box, (the middle four casters and as tall as the guys left elbow), that it's self is 33K. Full retail on that whole Snap On setup (the box, two side lockers, the work station/hutch, the drawer section to the right of the hutch, the three overhead lockers...) is 70K. That's been around a while, and it's not far of. Probably it was a valid number when it was made.

All put together, that whole thing is seventeen feet long
$70K just for an empty tool box set??
Did I miss something?
I use to see new techs come into my shop and would only buy Snap-on. After about six months I saw Home Depot tools, Pittsburgh etc.
Snap-on make nice tools but come on.
(8) 10mm sockets-----$299

Snap-on 11 piece torx set. 3/8" and 1/4" drive = $500

Proto, same set $96.

Nothing wrong with Proto in my experience. Save $404

Last edited:
In the first picture, the top left snap on box is what I bought when I first got in the biz in the 70s. Still have it and it looks great.

Loved the jokes.

Looks just like the toolbox my dad set me up with as a kid. It's an off brand, Yorktown or Yorkman or something like that. It doesn't glide on bearings, but the steel is three times as thick as the tin foil Craftsman uses currently. It's been my primary rollaway since I was 9, and thanks to it's weight, has never been stolen, unlike its contents!

Just to be clear;
I am happy to buy tools and machinery from Japan, England, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Spain, Canada, Mexico and many other places besides the US.
My soy sauce too.
Same here.

Ever look up to see how Soy Sauce is made?

For tools, most all my tools are Asian. I have some others as well but most of my tools that are higher end were bought at garage sales or auctions. 90% of my god tooling came from a single auction and I got a real steal.

Back