Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

+1 on the folding welding table. I have a 'real' welding table and still use the folding table regularly. It's also a convenient portable work surface if I want to do something outside.

I've never had an HF caster fail, but they are quite a bit heavier than a lot of alternatives - doesn't matter in most cases, but sometimes you might want something lighter.

"Hand tools" is pretty ambiguous. A lot of the cheaper wrench sets fit poorly and have sharp handles that make them uncomfortable for a lot of work. The newer "Icon" stuff looks pretty good though.

I'll add HVLP paint guns - cheaper than a new nozzle for a name brand, and, at least in my hands, every bit as good. Definitely a go-to for the odd home job.

GsT

I've had good luck with the 4 pound dead blow hammers. I use the 2 pound ones for smacking the drawbar to remove R-8 tooling, and also for "adjusting" work in a 3-jaw lathe chuck.

I'm not sure if they are good or just equivalent to all the other cheap ones, but harbor frieght came in handy with an appropriately priced set of parallels today in a pinch.

I switched over to electric leaf blowers and string trimmers a while ago. I was very disappointed in my Craftsman 19.2 volt string trimmer and very disappointed in the EGO leaf blower. Right from the beginning the EGO blower battery would not last for the 1/3 of an acre that I have.

I ended up buying the Harbor Freight Atlas line of blower and string trimmer in the 80 volt version. Let me tell you, these things are powerful and the batteries last a very long time. The string trimmer is a little on the heavy side but part of that is the battery. I would highly recommend these if you are looking for new yard implements. By the way, this is their line in the orange color.

This is the winningest HF tool of all time. And it's a hand tool!
I have several that I have profiled for shaping metal. I also use the on my pneumatic former for the final set. A friend called it “dueling deadblows”

Attachments

• 1B1D0F92-487C-4EFD-95ED-F961115A2AE8.jpeg
    1B1D0F92-487C-4EFD-95ED-F961115A2AE8.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 0AB0A81F-0BB6-45FF-880D-DFE268B50438.jpeg
    0AB0A81F-0BB6-45FF-880D-DFE268B50438.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 31
I have several that I have profiled for shaping metal. I also use the on my pneumatic former for the final set. A friend called it “dueling deadblows”
ok, we need more info on that setup. who, what when, where and why? :grin: .. ok seriously, can you explain and show in use? edit: Just curious

I bought a set of crowfoot wrenches. See attached pic. Went in to exchange them and they are out of stock now :confused:

crowfoot.jpg

Back