Randy Paterson is selling everything! I hope someone can take advantage of this sale.

Rich, are you taking requests? I see a few things I'd like, ranging from medium to very small sized.

I might be able to help... I am heading to Savanah and charleston afterwards and will be out of reach for maybe 2-3 weeks afterward, so if I do pick up some things, you will not see them very soon.
The other is, I am not sure what I am going to find when I contact randy tomorrow, meaning, be flexible, I sure am.
Mostly what I am hoping for are fixtures, small surface plate or 2, reamers possibly some medium sized items... I am driving an equinox suv, I have most the back filled with camera equipment and luggage.... so room is somewhat limited. There are many things that are large and wonderful I'd luv to get... I don't have the room, and toting a trailer around for a couple to 3 weeks is not an option...

So what are you Thinking?

Small stuff: any 4 jaw chuck in the 3-5 inch range that takes a back plate. It doesn't matter if it actually has the back plate because I'll have to make one in an odd size anyway. MNTB 30 tooling.

Bigger stuff that I will assume you won't have space for, but here it is anyway : Any of the Diacro type benders or the finger brake.

Thanks! I'll PM you my cell number in case something works out and you need to call/text. If not that's ok too. I wasn't going to drive down there, so I have no expectations.

Ah, gimme a break gang! I broke down and started watching it, after all it is Christmas... :grin:
He's only 3.5 hours away from me!!! For some reason I had the impression he up north somewhere.
Oh my, oh my - decisions, decisions. Better-Half will be out of town visiting her Kids, so. . .

Just watched it all the way through - twice.
Might have to seriously consider a road trip this week.

Last edited:
Ah, gimme a break gang! I broke down and started watching it, after all it is Christmas... :grin:
He's only 3.5 hours away from me!!! For some reason I had the impression he up north somewhere.
Oh my, oh my - decisions, decisions. Better-Half will be out of town visiting her Kids, so. . .

Call him and schedule a time, he will not be there everyday, and has limited hours. Still lots of stuff as of sat. Around 2pm

Go for it! Afterall, you only live once!

Call him and schedule a time, he will not be there everyday, and has limited hours. Still lots of stuff as of sat. Around 2pm

How about telling us what you picked up. If only I were closer, then again perhaps the wallet damage would be too much........

How about telling us what you picked up. If only I were closer, then again perhaps the wallet damage would be too much........
I got there with 600.00, I was anxious to give it to him... I left with 600.00. Meaning, I did not purchase snything. He does not live at his shop, about 60 miles away, so I waited nearly 3 hours for him to get there... Than after an hour he left again... I cut my losses there and left right behind him.

Awesome place, he has a bunch of stuff, are you into firearms, he had something like 50 or more barrels there, drill bits all over the place. I saw a bunch in the 1"-1 1/2", and some bigger. His machines were old but they all looked clean and we'll taken care of. Reamers? Boxes of them, sizes like the drills some very large reamers. I saw a few boxes full of them.
Taper 30 and taper 40 tooling, all ericksons
Bunch of other stuff.

Call ahead and schedule with him, he seems like a great guy, just be prepared to haggle, and if other people are there, don't let him leave! It's not easy getting him back

I got there with 600.00, I was anxious to give it to him... I left with 600.00.

Wow, I was not expecting to read you did not get anything. I can appreciate the frustration of waiting 3 hours after the distance you drove to get to the place.

Back