Pressing aluminum sleeve into aluminum

Well, there was no need to wait, I turned it at a very high speed, so I could take little bites off. I didn't want to knock it off , so fast and small seemed like the best way, and this thing turned very cool. No heat. Finished it in 45 minutes. Tight fit on the bearing, should press in very well.
Thanks guys.

Well, there was no need to wait, I turned it at a very high speed, so I could take little bites off. I didn't want to knock it off , so fast and small seemed like the best way, and this thing turned very cool. No heat. Finished it in 45 minutes. Tight fit on the bearing, should press in very well.
Thanks guys.

i would also consider Savarin's advice and pin it.

You've shrunk fit it with loctite. Its not letting go. I wouldn't bother trying to pin it. If you have used the right Loctite for the application the job is done.
I remember seeing a Loctite promotional video about 30 odd years ago and they were using it to bond the crown wheel of a small car diff to the case in the factory. No other fasteners. I think it might have just been a size for size fit as well. I think it was the BMC Metro or something like that.

the diff is .047 / 2 = .0235, I'm going to give this a shot, using Al, I have plenty of 6061. If it doesn't work, I'll do it thicker, by stepping it so I don't loose strength in the pulley. Tonight, finishing wiring. I ordered bearings from a place that goes by two names, Hard to Find Bearings, and ASAP BEARING. I was having problems finding bearings with a C2 Clearance. Well the quote said ship immediately . They are located in NJ about an hour away. More than a week later I still don't have them, they shipped from CA, and it took 5 days before it shipped, They charged me $15 shipping on 3 bearings.. which way 3.25 oz. I would think that much consititutes faster shipping but it has not hit the East Coast yet. So I won't finish until I have the bearing in hand so I can get my final size, make sure it's the same, and not off by a slight amount. Although bearings are usually tightly spec'd.. but just in case.

At least for metric bearings C2 is standard clearance and therefore not marked on the bearing.

At least for metric bearings C2 is standard clearance and therefore not marked on the bearing.

I take that back. I just learned that C2 is less than normal clearance. It is CN (Normal) that is not marked.

CN is the normal clearance, C2 is less clearance, c3 is more clearance.
Sorry, I read that b4 I saw your next post

Back