Power Hammer Project

You called it right with internet service provider. Some have asked "illinois state police"?
Was back in the dialup days. Did hosting, secure/spamfree email, and support in 50 states. Had more
phone numbers than MSN and AOL combined.... at one time. Painted myself into a corner when I set the biz up. Wanted to be the ISP that I thought all the other turds SHOULD be. Was open 7 days/wk, 9 til 9.
Lost my life, my mind, and almost my wife. Was one man show for about 7 years. DSL and cable hit
too soon after startup and I didn't yet have the customer base/income to expand. Growth dropped off
to a trickle then started to decline so I sold the customer base and moved to AZ.
Have kept the domain all these years... FastWires.net. Put a page back up just last week. See if somebody wants
to buy it... I won't use it again and it hasn't cost much to keep it alive these years. I know if I had let it expire,
I'd have seen it online the NEXT DAY for $5000! Figure I can get $750 for it quick and easy.

Last edited:
I remember switching from dialup to ISDN. WOW that was fast! But of course, that's obsolete now. But out here in the sticks where I live, I still don't have true broadband. I am on a WISP, and I refuse to go satellite. Maybe someday something better will come along, but it's all I can do now. And no, I'm not going 4G either.

Tony wrote "I remember switching from dialup to ISDN"
I remember when we tied my PDP 8e computer onto a dial up 300 baud acoustic coupler and communicated over the phone lines using a teletype machine. No stinkin' video screen or nothin. First played ZORK on this set up, after hours of course.
But then I also remember having to rub two sticks together to light a fire and send smoke signals. That was in my younger days when I was tryin' to impress all the girls.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Yesterday and today, got some more done... AND orders for 7 knives!!!! BIG SMILE!!! Needed some cash flow badly!
Here's a couple more photos.

Hammer guide post... again, 6011 root with 7018 filler/cap.
GuidePost.jpg

Hub tacks to make it solid with the jackshaft
HubbTacks.jpg

Hub adaptor
HubAdaptor.jpg

Assembled shaft (minus the tire) and the spring assembly mounted on top of the machine.

AssembledShaft.jpg

SpringTop.jpg

That's a good question, Eric, but the OP was last seen here 2 years ago according to his profile. :)

Tom

i was following along so i can see how he made his ...i was thinking about making one for my shop..... and another for the welding supply guy that wants to start making knives ........well maybe life got in the way? ill check back later to see if he post more ...i hope nothing happen to him.........seems like a nice guy ............

Back