Positive posts

She was a great pup, gentle with kids and other dogs and always loyal to us. She had a fantastic last day running with other dogs on the beach and passed quickly in my wife's arms at home.

Wish we all could go out like that....

John

Glad she had a great last day. Both my dogs died in my arms too. One was 13 and the other 14.

I wish mine would pass on his own, and not make me do it. He is past his expiration date but still hanging on, my wife is not letting go. Sorry you lost your pup. OK back to the program.

As demonstrated by the OP's avatar dogs bring so much joy to our lives they are almost always positive....

The only hard part is since they give so much more love than people their lives are correspondingly shorter.

John

I grow apples for a living. So far, not much change for me other than ordering everything on line and not going out AT ALL

probably will have no market for my crop :( Neighbors that grow hogs are almost giving them away right now - processing plants shut down.

I’m an industrial boiler service technician, we’re still pretty busy, quite a bit of hospital work and some gov’t contracts. WorkI got on the road at this time is a true adventure, a large amounts of the hotels are closed and eating, by itself is an adventure.
New York is hit pretty hard according to the press. Glad you are OK.

I grow apples for a living. So far, not much change for me other than ordering everything on line and not going out AT ALL

probably will have no market for my crop :( Neighbors that grow hogs are almost giving them away right now - processing plants shut down.
Oh man, that is awful. So many people are hit financially.

At the Ford dealer I work at they promised us 20 hrs with a max of 32 unless you have enough work to go 40hrs and our pay is hourly based on last years pay. They say that they will change back to the commission pay when things straighten out. Everyone but another guy and me are working the short hours. I have worked 40 hours since the stay at home order started. There is a lot less work coming in the door but i have stayed busy cleaning up the shop and doing maintenance between jobs. I have felt a bit resentful about others going home for short weeks and collecting unemployment and then 600 on top of that at times. But on the other hand at least my impact on the federal deficit will help everyone. LOL Keep smiling guys and sooner or later this will all be behind us.

At the Ford dealer I work at they promised us 20 hrs with a max of 32 unless you have enough work to go 40hrs and our pay is hourly based on last years pay. They say that they will change back to the commission pay when things straighten out. Everyone but another guy and me are working the short hours. I have worked 40 hours since the stay at home order started. There is a lot less work coming in the door but i have stayed busy cleaning up the shop and doing maintenance between jobs. I have felt a bit resentful about others going home for short weeks and collecting unemployment and then 600 on top of that at times. But on the other hand at least my impact on the federal deficit will help everyone. LOL Keep smiling guys and sooner or later this will all be behind us.
I’m the general manager of a Ford dealer. We have 28 employees. We asked two techs to go on unemployment and two of the office gals didn’t feel safe there so the too are on the plan.
After the Governor announced he was working with Oregon and Washington to initiate a plan to start up the economy again, we have been selling cars/trucks and the shop is improving every day.

I wanted to add, until the extra $600 a month from the feds stops, the girls won’t be coming back. They make more on unemployment than they do working. Hmmmmm.

Last edited:
Back