Positive posts

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
As you know , I've been on nightshift for the past 2+ years working 12 hrs every Fri and Sat night . I moved onto daylight and finally have my weekends free . We ( my family and I ) are pretty much locked in as far as going out . I've cleaned up the yard quite a bit . Got rid of a few tractors and zero turns , Cut trees down and burned them , have had a great bonfire the past 3 Sat nights , takin 4 truck loads of metal to the dumps , grass seed duty , grass cutting duty , car maintenance crap , the regular stuff . This is life as usual . Has this covid ? really changed anything for me , not really . Other than telling the wife we're going up to watering hole for dinner and 2 beers and keeping my butt out of New York , Herkimer County in the middle of EBE , has this affected my schedule ?

Well , yeah . It sucks . Let's all stay safe , we get thru it . we have out tool trips up to Pa next year and life moves on . I am not a negative person .

Well

As you know , I've been on nightshift for the past 2+ years working 12 hrs every Fri and Sat night . I moved onto daylight and finally have my weekends free . We ( my family and I ) are pretty much locked in as far as going out . I've cleaned up the yard quite a bit . Got rid of a few tractors and zero turns , Cut trees down and burned them , have had a great bonfire the past 3 Sat nights , takin 4 truck loads of metal to the dumps , grass seed duty , grass cutting duty , car maintenance crap , the regular stuff . This is life as usual . Has this covid ? really changed anything for me , not really . Other than telling the wife we're going up to watering hole for dinner and 2 beers and keeping my butt out of New York , Herkimer County in the middle of EBE , has this affected my schedule ?

Well , yeah . It sucks . Let's all stay safe , we get thru it . we have out tool trips up to Pa next year and life moves on . I am not a negative person .

Well
Hi, many people stay at home and not going out much, you've done lots of thing that keep house clean and neat. That is a good job. anyway, just want to give you a big thumb for that. Let me share with you our daily life in Taiwan. We're not lockdown city as China or other country during this period, less people people infected, the daily still able to going maybe 80% normal (Our Government ask us not going to some places many people) but school, shop, company are runs normally. We take temp. every day, wash hand frequently, wear mask, stay safe place...stay at home as possible as we could, let's hope for the best, plan for the worst, we will get thru it somehow~~~

It's getting in the way of my retirement, but at least it's not 911. When I finally got my 401 out of the company, it went into a cash account(still in retirement holding). I have been working with the broker of my new 401, and getting everything setup, and the market dumped. So now the brokers are buying things to fill the portfolio with the money from the cash account. It's only a few 100k but it's good that it was out of the market at the time.

It's getting in the way of my retirement, but at least it's not 911. When I finally got my 401 out of the company, it went into a cash account. I have been working with the broker of my new 401, and getting everything setup, and the market dumped. So now the brokers are buying things to fill the portfolio with the money from the cash account. It's only a few 100k but it's good that it was out of the market at the time.

We took money out of the market last year to buy my sister out of our dad's house in California. With only 5-10 years until retirement that's looking like the smartest move ever now:grin:

John

Think of all the money you saved not going out .
Yeah, that is another point of view to convince myself to stay down. But life will be a little boring.

I am so glad I work from home in my workshop, only problem is no work can come in because of lockdown. Luckily there are a lot of projects to work on.

I am so glad I work from home in my workshop, only problem is no work can come in because of lockdown. Luckily there are a lot of projects to work on.
What's your job? Machining something?

Back