Positive posts

My wife and had a nice little argument last night.
She stays at home, won’t go to the store, won’t see any family even ten feet away.
Me, I go to work every day, go to the store and box stores as needed.
”You are exposing me to this virus”.
I was my hands, wear a mask, when I go to the stores. Work is norma, nobody is protecting themselves.
The county we are in, as of yesterday has 16 cases and zero deaths.
But, they aren’t testing people unless you are in the hospita.
Statistically valid = not in my book

I can concur with you're wife's opinion on seeing the relatives, but then again you have to meet my relatives. About the only thing we have in common is that we all eat, sleep, and breathe. Other than that we can't see eye to eye on anything including even the weather or the time of day.

As for wearing a mask when going to the stores, I tried that a couple times. For some reason the cops didn't see any humor in it. They were threatening me with 10 to 20, and having Bubba as my loving roommate.

Well, now we have a situation

Honey tossed out my dog-eared copy of the Harbor Freight flyer.
See claimed in her defense that it was expired. . . :D
I haven't seen another in the mail recently and HF mentioned that they are honoring the prices in expired flyers.
Should have mentioned that to her. :grin:

My wife throws stuff in the trash, and I caught it twice. One time it was a fully functioning flashlight that I don't use because it doesn't take rechargeable batteries.

The other items, she did it one at a time. I caught one item, the other is gone. But let them go because I didn't need them ( fiberglass swimming pool life guard seats). I was hoping yo give them away.

I heard that before, but didn't know my wife would play psychological game with me :)

I have been cleaning up a lot lately. I may have accidentally gave away two tires for a snow blower I am rebuilding :)

Been lucky to be categorized as an essential worker (engineering). Been doing my work 100% from home which is definitely more difficult but much better than the alternative. Pay got cut 10% but we can handle that. Wife is also working remote. I set her up with the office and the extra monitors so she is quite happy!

We live our life too fast paced usually. Always traveling to see family and friends out of state and coming up with a million projects to do on the weekends. Always feeling guilty for not doing more when we do slow down. Kinda strange for two rather introverted people. I am personally really enjoying the slower pace of life right now. It is a much needed change to how we normally are. Hoping to take it as a life lesson and continue onward like that when things go more back to normal.

We've been doing a lot of together: couple of walks a day just to get out and talk, cooking new things, and watching shows. She got some paint by number and books to do when I'm in the shop. Been building a steam engine kit and thinking about buying a used SCARA robot to play around with.

We have been incredibly fortunate that Covid-19 hasn't affected us in any meaningful ways. I have some friends that haven't been so lucky.

My wife and had a nice little argument last night.
She stays at home, won’t go to the store, won’t see any family even ten feet away.
Me, I go to work every day, go to the store and box stores as needed.
”You are exposing me to this virus”.
I was my hands, wear a mask, when I go to the stores. Work is norma, nobody is protecting themselves.
The county we are in, as of yesterday has 16 cases and zero deaths.
But, they aren’t testing people unless you are in the hospita.
Statistically valid = not in my book

Wife and I had the same "discussion" a month or two ago. I was trying to get outside and rock climb (was keeping me sane). Keeping a 10' distance from my partner and nobody else there. Haven't been climbing since :D .

In all honestly, my wife is right on this one. Trying to respect her opinions and not let my personal wants get in the way of keeping people healthy. Thankfully I have a lot of hobbies...

I find it funny that six months ago, if you walked into a store wearing a mask the employees would have called 911. Now if you walk into a store WITHOUT a mask they'll call 911. Strange times we live in....

Back
Top Bottom