PM932V-PDF Startup

Maximilian

Active User
Registered
Bear with me as this is my first mill. I got it finally all settled in and cleaned up. Thought I would start firing up the mill so it can slowly start to work. The problem is the main green power button doesn't work. Put the switch in mill/drill or tapping. Nothing. The DRO, quill DRO and blue RPM display does go on. But that's it. Can't notice a loose cable or anything abnormal. Looked into the enclosure and the fuses are ok. Don't know if I'm missing or doing something wrong but I can't get the green power button to work. Attached the X power feed and it also doesn't turn on.

Also does anybody know where I can buy a replacement drawbar as the one that came with the mill is threaded so badly I can barely get the nut to move safely as it's crooked as hell. I've also noticed my drawbar barely sticks out from the top as opposed all the ones I have seen that go up several inches. Had to remove the collet pin stop as I could not get one collet to get through if my life depended on it. However the supplied collet with the drill chuck did work.Everything else so far looks to be ok. I'm sure I'll eventually have more questions.

Since it's WK I won't be able to talk to Matt so I'll have to wait till Monday but in the meantime I'm slightly frustrated. It's like telling a kid in a candy store he can't have any. LOL

TIA, Max

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

Last edited:
Check that the E-Stop button is not pressed in (engaged). To release the button, twist it to the right gently and the button should pop-out. When pushed in, it shuts off all the machine controls. I assume you have the correct voltages going to the machine and DRO. I own a different machine, so not familiar with the wiring/controls. The drawbar if faulty, should be replaced under warranty.

Agreed, check the e-stop button first (lowest right mushroom shaped). Looking at your pic, I don't see any green buttons. I only see a green power indicator which should light up.

I'm not familiar with the variable speed model but it looks like you would push the white or black button to turn on the spindle for either direction then use the gray knob to advance spindle speed.

As for the drawbar, it's not the highest quality & not a surprise. The long ones you see are usually for Bridgeports. You might be able to adapat one but I'm sure the length is different. I just made my own replacement which is not hard at all if you have a lathe. Post #22

Check that the E-Stop button is not pressed in (engaged). To release the button, twist it to the right gently and the button should pop-out. When pushed in, it shuts off all the machine controls. I assume you have the correct voltages going to the machine and DRO. I own a different machine, so not familiar with the wiring/controls. The drawbar if faulty, should be replaced under warranty.

You my friend are a life saver. That was it. I feel like an idiot but I did say it was my first mill :). Glad it was an easy solution.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the variable speed model but it looks like you would push the white or black button to turn on the spindle for either direction then use the gray knob to advance spindle speed.

As for the drawbar, it's not the highest quality & not a surprise. The long ones you see are usually for Bridgeports. You might be able to adapat one but I'm sure the length is different. I just made my own replacement which is not hard at all if you have a lathe. Post #22

The green power indicator is also a push button.

I don't own a lathe and don't have tools to thread my own rods. I can work steel, grind and heat treat but that's it.

Now that's it working the VFD is super easy to operate and runs pretty smooth.

Thanks for all your fast replies. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
I see, in the pic looked like the same indicator on my PM lathe. You might be able to make your own drawbar using dies to make the thread. Then drill & pin a nut for the top on the mill. Give Matt a call & see what he can do for you. I'm sure he will do whatever he can to take care of it.

Nice looking mill BTW, congrats!

Nice to see you got it figured out!

Could I ask you how you mounted the mill to the base? Mine came with 2 bolts diagonally from eachother screwed into the base. Do I take those out or leave them in? Then does the mill get bolted to the base?

You take them out and somewhere in your bag of goodies is usually the other two. So you use them to secure the mill to the base.

Bob

Like Bob said, there are 4 of them. Mine were all 4 wrapped in a plastic oiled bag in one of those small wooden boxes with a few other items. Move the mill to your base and slowly center and drop the mill aligning the 4 holes from base of the mill with the 4 holes from the standing base. Pretty straightforward.

Last edited:
Nice looking mill, congrats!!. Like the DRO. I was thinking about it when purchased mine but to late now. It came without. let us know how are you doing with it....might be my next purchase

Back