PM25-MV - From the Beginning

Looks good Brooks!
I checked the head (it was fine) and mounted vise on mine last night.
I started my PM25MV thread two nights ago and the forum did some king of refresh and every thing I typed was lost. I'll do it again when I have a few minutes.
John

Thanks John it will be interesting to see your solution to mounting the scales. I worked on adding some lighting to my machine today. I will finish them up tomorrow and take some pictures. I hope to make my first accurate chips tomorrow!

I milled my first accurate part on my mill now that it is set up. I squared up a small aluminum block using the method Tom described in his video. I was very successful as the part is less than one thou off in all dimensions.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I am a little late to the party. I have the similar Grizzly mill. Do you recall what length of scales you specified for the three axis?

Also after reading your comments I think I will take a few things apart and check screws and gibs and so on. So far just a few test cuts in plastic, aluminum and steel. The mill has been sitting as I work out the kinks in the lathe I have been CNC'ing, but that is another story.

Dennis

Hi Dennis I will take a look when I get home and let you know. If you are going with DRO Pros I am sure you could send Dan an e-mail or give them a call.

Back