PM25-MV - From the Beginning

Bummer John. UPS rolled the pallet right into my garage. The Delivery took about 2 minutes. My crate was in good shape and everything was where it should be. This machine is soooo quiet. I will be able to run this at night without bothering anybody.

Unfortunately my son is not that into working with his hands. He is also in all honors classes so he has 3 hours of homework. Once I am up and running he will be more interested.

This machine is so quiet!

Good for your son!!!

We read of kids that are not motivated these days... glad to hear your are!

If he has any mechanical interest... watching chips fly will get his attention... :)

Take your time to learn your mill and get it set up properly. Rushing to 'make chips' isn't all it's cracked up to be. :))

Thanks John. He enjoys doing projects with me, but loses interest when it is "work". I told him we will try some fun stuff like making a little steam engine. I ordered a little 7x12 HF lathe so that I have more flexability. I know it is a toy, but it will get me started without completely busting the bank ($459 delivered).

Thanks Bill. I plan to take apart everything I can clean/inspect/adjust and re-install. I should have a pretty good handle on the mechanics of the machine by then. I will keep everyone updated with my progress.

Funny, it doesn't look like any of the rattlers I used to find in my back yard in Tucson. ;)

So what is that exactly? Anything important?

Sent the pic to DroPros - it's a stand-off that goes under the main board. They told me where to look and sure-nuff - it was missing. One drop of glue later - we're good to go again.

I like the stand you got - looks sturdy and will let me pull the mill out to clean around back. Hit Amazon up and have one on the way too.

Thanks John, I got it from Grizzly. It is very stable.

I like the stand you got - looks sturdy and will let me pull the mill out to clean around back. Hit Amazon up and have one on the way too.

Nice looking machine! You'll like running that one I'll bet.

We keep our 4 yr old grand son a couple of days during the week until mom gets home. He loves to go to the shop and just fiddle with everything. Wants to put a wrench on everything - or hammer on it. Wednesday he was playing with the micro feed on the mill and saw the drill chuck key. Picks it up, looks it over, looks at the chuck in the mill, sticks the key in the chuck the right way, engages the gear and turns it. No previous instruction. Hmmmm....

JohnJohn, Quick thread jack and then back on GaGyros topic. That is a circuit board stand off and is potentially very important. The board might undergo thermal heating and cooling and flex enough to start breaking traces and connection.

Bob

Back