PM1340GT Value??

Holy $&@! I was right about something?!?!
Well, I went and asked :(

Christian is right, the 1340GT order as well has been delayed to the end of August.

It’s a bit surprising to me that in all of the communications I’ve had with them recently regarding order changes, and all of the changes made to my invoice, that the expected date was not changed when they knew it. Why not just be up front with this?

So now it looks like mid to late September before I see it at my location. Oh well, it’s summer time in the north and I should be outside and not in the shop.

Well it could be next year like the semiconductors, it is a continuously moving target and they would have to be updating (disappointing) people probably every month due to delays beyond their control. One reason why I mentioned the higher resale value on something like a used 1340GT. If someone wanted a tricked out 1340GT and 935 mill there is always bill's (wrmiller) machines.

Well it could be next year like the semiconductors, it is a continuously moving target and they would have to be updating (disappointing) people probably every month due to delays beyond their control.
Mark, from my perspective I would rather know about such delays when they happen. It's a disappointment either way.

PM has the following statement at the bottom of each page of the ivoice:
20% cancellation penalty would apply to any backorder, unless over 21 days late - then no penalty

Perhaps the idea is to not disclose delays for as long as possible in order to avoid cancelations? The longer you don't know, the closer you are to the new date?

They have already shipped my micrometer stop to you for the VFD conversion and had shipped the VFD to me. They should know that I am "invested" in this product and the process.

I know that these things are outside of their control and I totally understand their position in this situation, and so far my dealings with them have been very good. And they have a stellar reputation here as well. I just don't like being left in the dark about something like this. Just doesn't seem right to me.

As Christian said in his post I quoted above "I guess I will take a deep breath, and let it go."

But I do hope they read this and reconsider their policy. That's my .02 cents.

Jake, I agree with you, but we are in very unusual times, delivery dates are very unpredictable and it is hitting all forms of manufacturing. My experience with other vendors has been no better, when I ordered some parts for repair I was quoted 2 weeks and when I checked on the order that I placed, they then told me 3-4 months. I ended up making the parts I needed.

Maybe the added delays were unknown to your vendor at the time of purchase? As mksj said, these are unusual times.

Back