PM-45M-CNC Setup and Configuration with Mach3

Ling Jing, Welcome.

I looked and can not find the driver files. I believe then name of the file was JNC-40M. A few years ago, I was able to find a couple of versions floating around on the internet so a google search might help. If I remember, there were a couple of versions available and it was hit or miss on which would work for each user. Regardless, the motion controller that originally came with the PM45M-CNC was challenging at best. Several of us have swapped out the original motion controller for a Smoothstepper using Ethernet. The conversion was very easy and is a fully supported product. There is a section of this thread that goes into some details about the swap. I'll keep looking on my system to see if I can find the driver or any documentation. Good luck and let us know how things work out for you.

Ling Jing, Welcome.

I looked and can not find the driver files. I believe then name of the file was JNC-40M. A few years ago, I was able to find a couple of versions floating around on the internet so a google search might help. If I remember, there were a couple of versions available and it was hit or miss on which would work for each user. Regardless, the motion controller that originally came with the PM45M-CNC was challenging at best. Several of us have swapped out the original motion controller for a Smoothstepper using Ethernet. The conversion was very easy and is a fully supported product. There is a section of this thread that goes into some details about the swap. I'll keep looking on my system to see if I can find the driver or any documentation. Good luck and let us know how things work out for you.
Awesome, I'll take a look at the smothstepper threads i know there are quite a few with all the set ups. But I will keep the progress updated here.

check out this current thread starting around post #132 by GarlyL and through about post #170. This is the conversation between GarlyL and myself discussing both of our converstions to using the Ethernet Smoothstepper.

BTW, here is the documentation file I have for the JNC-40M. driver.

Attachments

• JNC-40M Manual(English).pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
check out this current thread starting around post #132 by GarlyL and through about post #170. This is the conversation between GarlyL and myself discussing both of our converstions to using the Ethernet Smoothstepper.
have you heard anything on the RATTMMOTOR Mach3 USB CNC Controller Board 4 Axis CNC

I've seen a lot of videos on it and there is a lot of information. I'm just worried that ill end up messing up the wiring and ruin it all haha.

just took a quick look. Seems like it is likely a Chinese built motion controller similar to what came originally with the PM45-CNC.
Pro's: Price
Con's. little expectation that they will be around to provide updates or help solve problems (could be wrong here)

if your looking around, check out CNC 4 PC
they have several motion controllers that they resale. I have not bought anything from them but they have been around for many years.

Well, as I posted the picture of the backplate with the PMDX-126 mounted I realized I needed some way to get wires under the backplate. So I cut a large relief to allow wires to come in from below as well as above. I just cut it on the bandsaw by hand so it is a little rough looking (rounded the edges with a file so wires will not nicked.)
View attachment 132522 View attachment 132523
So, I noticed you have your smooth stepper, pdmx 126, and you have a little board stacked on top of the psmx i was wondering that that was?

The board that is parallel to the PMDX-126 is the Ethernet Smooth stepper from Warp9
The smaller board that is perpendicular to the PMDX-126 is the PMDX-107 Speed Controller that I use to control the spindle speed.
It does not use a feedback loop so the speed control is not exact but has been plenty close enough in practice.

So your using that controller to basically input the speed you need per tool and material. That was the problem I was seeing with most of the controllers is there isn't a spindle speed component. Ok, that makes sense. does the "daughter" controller then draw to much of the boards power? Otherwise if it is connected to the smooth stepper it could power it correct.

I'll try to look it up tomorrow but I believe that there are two power sources. one via the available power that connects to the breakout (PMDX-126) and then I had to add a second power source for the smooth stepper. I need to look at my notes though to be sure how that worked. you can see in the pictures that there is a small power supply (DC to DC)

Back