PM 1236 Sheave Mod

Bob,

Congrats! You just got yourself an extremely easy to use workhorse!

The 1236 manual is mainly an exploded parts diagram and it shows the oil fill locations (which are obvious because the oil-fill caps are in plain sight). It also shows the proper hoisting method but, I have pictures of that here. It does not provide information on how operate the unit mainly because the label plates stamped on the controls are self explanatory. The only thing you really need is the chart (enclosed) to understand the threading and feed rates. Aside from that, there really is not much to know. Have you used any type of lathe before? If not, I do a lot of help/support for these lathes and I can help you out. If you so desire, PM me and we'll trade contact information if you need me to walk you through something.

In about the next couple hours, I'll put together a bunch of links from this site as well as a few quick pointers... I will post that in a different thread because this thread really pertains to a sheave modification that I might get around to doing some day. Stand by...

Ray

Does anyone have a pdf manual for the PM1236? I have the lathe coming and would like to know more about it.
Bob

Back