PM-1030V or 1130V LATHE

I know I'm late to this dance, but want to contribute.

I bought a 1022, that turned into a 1030 due to availability. I knew I was getting gearing problems, but my previous lathe had been one of the last Atlas 6" models. I had fabricated two or three extra Banjos for it, and have done the same for my 1030. I have one set up for feeds, one for metric threads and two for per inch threads. Yes, I had to buy a number of extra gears, but now I can switch banjos in just a couple of minutes, (no, I can't compete with a QCGB, but) it sure beats the hassle of only one banjo.

Yes, I'm a retired Tool & Die Maker, but anyone with a mill and patience could do it.

I just noticed, I'm flagged as being in the Netherlands. I am, but only half the time, otherwise, I'm in Ohio, where my 'shop' is. Here I just have a hobby wood shop.

I looked at the 1236 just to compare but did not really consider it. I went to the PM-1236T mainly because it is built in Taiwan and it seems they are overall higher quality. I'm taking PM's and everyone else's input regarding that... I have never seen or used either. No machine at the price point will be perfect but I wanted quality over quantity. Once thing for sure is that I'm building my own base, so that foot brake was of no value either, plus it's a heavier machine and not necessarily a good reason but I didn't want it to weight over the 1,000 lbs. The 1236 certainly gives you a lot if you select the PEP with DRO package.
Exactly what I did. I suspect after this shipment arrives another price hike will take place. It is very likely this will be my last lathe. I am really enjoying getting back into machining. My lathe should arrive late October or early November. It looks like I will finish my meat mallet project well before it arrives. Thank you for the conversation.

Back