Plastic Gas Cap Threads

I.D. is .894
Root is 1.14
Crown is 1.25

This is an early 80's tools. I cannot find any model specific numbers so I doubt i can be confident in any online parts being correct. Heck the case is cast aluminum not plastic.

THIS IS the cap on my homelite trimmer...does this match?
thread is .200 apart

if the threads match but yours is a little smaller it will still work

IMG_8775.JPG IMG_8776.JPG IMG_8777.JPG IMG_8779.JPG IMG_8780.JPG

An 80's string trimmer that still runs? I'm imprest. :beer mugs:

Madmodifier,
Without a screw pitch gage you can just get a measurement from thread to thread as close as you can. Divide 1 inch by that number should get you the pitch. As far as the other dimensions, look at my other post. Just undercut the bottom and cut a piece of gasket material to fit snugly in the bottom.

I think I have several in the shop, in fact I've just been scrapping the old junk . I'm almost positive I can help. Your machine is made by homelite , sears as used many different companies over the years. I'll look today and see what's out there let you know later as long as I don't get to side tracked, which happens in the spring dealing with customers. If you pm me your address I'll send it to you.
Small engines is how I survive servicing mowers and other repairs, Been doing them for 40 years , I can make more doing them then machine work. Go figure right .

Madmodifier,
Without a screw pitch gage you can just get a measurement from thread to thread as close as you can. Divide 1 inch by that number should get you the pitch. As far as the other dimensions, look at my other post. Just undercut the bottom and cut a piece of gasket material to fit snugly in the bottom.

The gas cap for this has a duck bill breather with strainer in the center of the cap . I'll find one and send it to him. Just to let you know a plug cap won't work for long it'll run and die or haunt up and down.

Back