Phase perfect off sub panel or direct to main?

The 10 and 20 hp are the old blue ones I bought usedthat are no longer supported. The newest is the 30 hp white model about 5 years old so predates their newer alternatives. If I were buying today I'd suck it up and opt for the higher end model. I know how reliable they are. Dave

Could you post a picture of your wiring, sounds almost identical to my situation. Maybe any resources you used?
Here's a photo of the input/output wiring of my PTE010. LC-2 is the 100A 1P sub panel, and it feeds the PTE010 via 80A breaker and #4 AWG copper wire( they are the black and red phase taped conductors on the left plus a ground, of course ). The output of the PTE then feeds the 3P panel LC-3 with #8 AWG copper wire.( they are the black T1, red T2, and blue T3 on the right, along with their ground ) Panel LC-3 then distributes 240V 3P to the individual machines, each with their own breaker.

IMG_9149.JPG

Here's a photo of the input/output wiring of my PTE010. LC-2 is the 100A 1P sub panel, and it feeds the PTE010 via 80A breaker and #4 AWG copper wire( they are the black and red phase taped conductors on the left plus a ground, of course ). The output of the PTE then feeds the 3P panel LC-3 with #8 AWG copper wire.( they are the black T1, red T2, and blue T3 on the right, along with their ground ) Panel LC-3 then distributes 240V 3P to the individual machines, each with their own breaker.

View attachment 455762
C channel was a good idea. May have to copy that. For some reason I'm surprised those 3p wires don't need to be bigger. Installation seem somewhat easy. You have any pictures of your disconnect at the machine?

The 10 and 20 hp are the old blue ones I bought usedthat are no longer supported. The newest is the 30 hp white model about 5 years old so predates their newer alternatives. If I were buying today I'd suck it up and opt for the higher end model. I know how reliable they are. Dave
I see that quiet QT model on the standard 10hp version, but then wonder if I'd be better of jumping to 20hp to future proof a bigger cnc.

C channel was a good idea. May have to copy that. For some reason I'm surprised those 3p wires don't need to be bigger. Installation seem somewhat easy. You have any pictures of your disconnect at the machine?
I'm a big fan of strut in the shop, it's pretty versatile stuff. The max output of the PTE010 is 36A, so the #8AWG is plenty. Since each 3P circuit/machine is on its own individual breaker in the load center, I just use a 4 prong twist lock outlet at the machine end, rather than hard wiring them to a disconnect switch.

View attachment 455762
Hey what breaker panel is that lc3?

Back