1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hman

hman Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Tempe
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

Best wishes to you. Life happens, and it's good to hear that you're still with us.

2. kvt

kvt Active User Active Member

City:
    San Antonio
    State:
    Texas

-Return to Top-

Like they said, Life happens but we also like to know that people are ok. Ask several of us, things do happen, and it can put us and everything around us in a bind. But know that there are people that want to ensure our other members are ok. as well. Hope we hear from you more often again, Keep your head up and keep making chips when possible

rrjohnso2000 likes this.
  3. Billh50

Billh50 Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

Well it looks like the box never went out again. I give up.

Subwayrocket likes this.
  4. autonoz

autonoz United States Active User Active Member

City:
    casa grande
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

OK, just when you thought all was done, it all changes. I heard from bernie. All is ok now and he sends his apologies. The box is safe and he has it ready to ship. He is going to go through his messages to make sure he is sending it to the right person. Billh50 you might message him again with your address so you know he has the right one. Thank you all for your patience. Everyone who will be expecting the box, make sure you still want it. If not post your desire not to receive it and I will remove you from the list. Lets get on another positive roll. I would like to see whoever is in pocession of the box send your phone number with your info so we have a way of contacting you other than this site.

5. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

I know all about it. He messaged me after I sent him a few from other places. Told me it was all boxed up and ready to go again. He apologized and said he hoped everyone would welcome him back. I told him no bad feelings but it would have been nice of him to at least let someone know what was going on once in a while.

6. terrywerm

terrywerm New Member Liaison Staff Member H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Jordan
    State:
    Minnesota

-Return to Top-

Bernie, if you read this, please do not beat yourself up over it! Life has a way of handing us setbacks just when we least need them.

I haven't been in here much myself as of late as I have been very busy with my dad who is suffering from memory loss issues. I suspect Alzheimer's, but he has not yet been officially diagnosed with it, so I dare not call it that just yet. We just moved him into an assisted living apartment this past week but now we also have to clean out his house and try to get it ready to go on the market so that we can get it sold before the snow flies. We do not want to have to shovel the snow and keep it heated this winter! In addition to all of this I am trying to get some home renovations done and there quite literally is no time for the shop lately. As a result, I will be pulling my name from the pass around list for the time being. Maybe by this winter I will have some time again.

I will still try to pop in here and give a hand when I can. I can always add myself back onto the list at a later time.

FOMOGO likes this.
  7. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

Terry,
    I hope everything goes ok with what you have to get done and hope to see you back here soon.

8. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

Well Bernie finally got the box on it's way and sent me a tracking number. I will let everyone know when it arrives.

Fitter Bill and intjonmiller like this.
  9. autonoz

City:
    casa grande
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

Good news

10. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

According to tracking the box should be here sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Fitter Bill likes this.
  11. dlane

dlane Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Oroville
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

Isn't there a saying that says " good things come to those who wait ".

12. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

Box arrived today and I took a few items out and put some in. Almost forgot to put the log book back in.
    will be sending MetalMan1309 a message for his address.
    Here's what I kept.

Attached Files:

dlane, hman and Fitter Bill like this.
  13. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

Will try to get this out tomorrow to MetalMan. I will have to have someone drop it off for me as I can not carry this much as far as I would have to at the post office and stand in line with it.

Fitter Bill likes this.
  14. kvt

kvt Active User Active Member

City:
    San Antonio
    State:
    Texas

-Return to Top-

Billh50, I got lucky the post office that I use has a metal railing I got it in set it on it, and pushed it around until I got it up to the counter. Got a few looks, but once the guy picked it up he understood, then he went and grabbed some bigger heavy item labels and put all over it.

15. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

Ours just has one of those expandable strap gates. And when I was there yesterday morning they only had one guy on the counter and a line going out the door.
    But I found a younger guy that is used to lifting heavy stuff who is going to bring it to post office today. I already sent MetalMan the tracking number.

16. intjonmiller

intjonmiller United States Active Member Active Member

City:
    Layton
    State:
    Utah

-Return to Top-

Perhaps everyone should do this when they are at the point of watching the tracking online before they receive the box. Get the next address so there will be no delays if the next one in line doesn't get on to answer a message immediately. We could try to make up for lost time that way. Maybe shave a couple days off over the whole list anyway.

17. Andy Rafferty

Andy Rafferty United States Active Member Active Member

City:
    Walland
    State:
    Tennessee

-Return to Top-

Easier than before.

18. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

Well the box is on its way to MetalMan. He should be seeing it this weekend according to tracking.

intjonmiller, autonoz and Fitter Bill like this.
  19. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

MetalMan received the box late this morning according to tracking.

intjonmiller and Fitter Bill like this.
  20. autonoz

City:
    casa grande
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

Thanks for your updates

21. Billh50

City:
    New Britain
    State:
    Connecticut

-Return to Top-

Just want to let everyone know it's moving along fine now.

22. hman

City:
    Tempe
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

MetalMan has PM'd me already, and I've sent him my Oregon address. I'll be going back to AZ for the winter in a couple weeks, and if he tells me there will be a delay for any reason, I'll send him that address instead.

intjonmiller likes this.
  23. bfd

bfd United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    nipomo
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

my first post anywhere, count me in on the pass around box . Number 1 and 2. my equipment is as follows: enco 16x60 lathe, acra knee mill,
    20" metal wood band saw, and various other items. like others I wood work an metal work. table saw, chop saw, radial arm saw, planer, jointer

24. hman

City:
    Tempe
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the fun! Sounds like you have some serious equipment. We'll all be looking forward to hearing more from you on the various forums.

AFAIK it's Autonoz who will be taking care of your request. We have only one box this year. It's a great program. Back when we had two boxes, I was able to participate once in each of them. I should be getting this year's box tomorrow. Can't wait!

25. cs900

cs900 United States maker of chips Active Member

City:
    binghamton
    State:
    New York

-Return to Top-

what are the chances I can update my tooling on the Gdoc? I've added a PM25 and a southbend model A since then

.....I realize I may have an addiction....

intjonmiller likes this.
  26. terrywerm

City:
    Jordan
    State:
    Minnesota

-Return to Top-

I am not around here to help out as much as I would like, but I get in here when I can. I am very happy to see that the box is moving again. Good job guys!!

bfd, you have been added to the list. There is only one box now, called Pass Around 2016. Last year there were two boxes roaming around at one point, but it made things very confusing so we cut it back to one box for this year. As per the rules listed in post #1 of this thread, you can get on the list multiple times, but you have to wait until there are 10 individuals in between each of your entries.

cs900, your equipment list has been updated.

The list has also been updated to reflect the latest movement of the box.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  27. terrywerm

City:
    Jordan
    State:
    Minnesota

-Return to Top-

Just to let you all know, I have added to post #1 of this thread. It is not a rule, but more of a procedure that affects Autonoz and myself more than anyone. The rest of you still need to be aware of it, however. It does not make any changes to the way this works, but does lay out how the project will transition into a new thread on January 1st of each year.

intjonmiller and autonoz like this.
  28. hman

City:
    Tempe
    State:
    Arizona

-Return to Top-

Got the box mailed off to Chippy (Brian Fox) a few minutes ago. 37 lbs 4 oz. ETA Friday.
    Here's a photo of what I took. Many thanks to whoever put these items in! I also discarded two red china markers that had broken into short pieces. And of course, I added back several goodies ... was barely able to close the box. But that's probably for the best, as there's a mixture of very heavy items and a couple breakable ones. Hope they don't drip the box down a flight of stairs!

kHPIM4546.jpg

PS - I think the dimensional control on the Post Office's flat rate boxes may be off a bit. The aluminum box fit in the box I'd received, but would not go into the one I got at the PO. Had to split one edge lengthwise and re-tape it after wrapping it around the aluminum box. Luckily, I was at a branch PO in a store, and they let it pass. Don't know if I'd have gotten away with this at an actual PO.

intjonmiller likes this.
  29. jpfabricator

jpfabricator United States Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Henderson
    State:
    Texas

-Return to Top-

I had the same problem, it took 4 different pos to find one that fit

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

hman, intjonmiller and Fitter Bill like this.
  30. terrywerm

City:
    Jordan
    State:
    Minnesota

-Return to Top-

Hey fellas, just to let you know, there are two different medium flat rate boxes and you can order the correct box right here: https://store.usps.com/store/browse...tegoryId=shipping-supplies&productId=P_PPFRB2

You order the box online and your mail carrier leaves it in your mailbox for you. You pay for it online ahead of time and print the mailing label and within a day or so the empty box is delivered to you. Once you have it and pack it up you can go online and schedule pickup of your package by your postal carrier. All you have to do is tell them online when to pick it up and where the box will be (in the mailbox, by the front door, etc). The last two times that I had pass around boxes here I handled it that way and it worked slick.

Thought I would pass this along as I am often on the road during the week and have no chance to go to the post office. It really helps out those who have exceptionally busy schedules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.