Parker Majestic #2 surface grinder

Well wait until you grind some nice hardened tool steel . You'll be amazed with the finish . ;)

Use a hard wheel for soft materials.
Try stepping over about 3/4 of the width of the wheel, that will eliminate some of the lines.

Nice work, the other members are right, wait until you try some harder material. That's when the SG will shine, literately.

Looking good David.
As mmcmdl (aka Dave) said, when you grind hardened parts the finish is incredible.
I think there is a bit of witch craft involved in surface grinding.
Grinder hands can share their knowledge but for me, the right wheel (there are only 10,000 to choose from) a fresh dress with a final pass of .0002” with a small step over, spark out.
It’s like a mirror finish.
This Norton ceramic was expensive but man, what a high quality wheel.
Balanced and it has made me a believer in ceramic.

Attachments

• F3B2B846-BC9D-4DDC-8EF0-F63C088C4F54.jpeg
    F3B2B846-BC9D-4DDC-8EF0-F63C088C4F54.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 148
Looking good David.
As mmcmdl (aka Dave) said, when you grind hardened parts the finish is incredible.
I think there is a bit of witch craft involved in surface grinding.
Grinder hands can share their knowledge but for me, the right wheel (there are only 10,000 to choose from) a fresh dress with a final pass of .0002” with a small step over, spark out.
It’s like a mirror finish.
This Norton ceramic was expensive but man, what a high quality wheel.
Balanced and it has made me a believer in ceramic.

Thanks Jeff
I don’t have a balancer so I have no idea if there’s imbalance in this wheel.
One more thing on the need to buy list!

Did you see Ca Lem’s diy balancer? He makes everything look simple but it’s doable for us hobby guys.

Did you see Ca Lem’s diy balancer? He makes everything look simple but it’s doable for us hobby guys.
Actually I didn't but I'll have a look. Thanks Jeff!

Thanks Jeff
I don’t have a balancer so I have no idea if there’s imbalance in this wheel.
One more thing on the need to buy list!
Make your own. Just like propeller balancer for model aircraft, the concept is very straight forward.

Make your own. Just like propeller balancer for model aircraft, the concept is very straight forward.
Indeed. I think I have a set of planer blades too.

Back