Parker Majestic #2 surface grinder

Do you suppose it's to keep grinding dust out?
I'd bet any sort of open spur gear arrangement would get ground against each other and quickly wear.

-brino

Everything is delayed. I ordered a HVLP spray gun to replace my worn out Porter Cable one. It is coming from Eastwood. I think it was supposed to be here Thursday, then Friday, then Today and now it is Monday. Of course, it did come from the East Coast somewhere so I expected the delay.
there is a eastwood 5 minutes from me really nice to g and get what you need :big grin:

Do you suppose it's to keep grinding dust out?
I'd bet any sort of open spur gear arrangement would get ground against each other and quickly wear.

-brino

That seems very likely as it is completely clean inside, absolutely no evidence of any grit.
I am so impressed by the quality of construction, the fit and finish is outstanding.
Hoping that I will get it back together today :D

Bands are on!

The instructions from Parker Majestic say to fill the wells halfway so I’m waiting on a delivery of way oil from KBC before I reset the table.
9e48148a4caa21f30d0c9ccc03e4866d.jpg

a8625bcd31d79652788c270ce4c32593.jpg

It lives!
Undressed wheel because KBC is sold out of the diamond dresser I ordered.
But the table went back on just fine.
Table is silky smooth.
Definitely takes some coordination to grind smoothly though I can see it being a bit of a zen activity.
d4d210e0c217e388a6b006b42d8dcc93.jpg

Had another go at grinding the same piece.
Slower feed rate and lighter cut with a final pass at the same depth of cut.
Made a difference I think.
(Picture won’t post...)

With an undressed wheel it will be hard if not impossible to get a good finish.

Dave , for a SG finish that looks like a plowed field . ( Not a dig ) You'll be amazed at the finish you'll get with the correct , dressed wheel . :encourage: If you need a dresser and diamond until you get yours lemme know .

Are you sparking out? It looks like your stepping over in narrow increments this can deteriorate the edge of the wheel into an angle.
You will have a blast learning to grind!
How are you doing on a vacuum?

Back