Old, Unique or New

You staying away from down around 2nd and also 4th I hope!

I am going to measure some this evening.. it has been a while! Warstiner..

Doc

"rgray"

That looks like Hardness Testing Equipment, hard to tell. If it is then yes some parts are missing.

"Billy G" :))

You staying away from down around 2nd and also 4th I hope!

I am going to measure some this evening.. it has been a while! Warstiner..

Doc

Don't where 2nd and 4th is.
My lager magically apears from a large stainless steel can housed in a insulated black box. I only have to leave the farm once a month for refill.:biggrin:

These are some of the old tools I've collected since I picked up this hobby:

DSCN8954_zps3a26dfa9.jpg DSCN8957_zps2f96b7ba.jpg DSCN8962_zps712c791f.jpg DSCN8964_zps155b0800.jpg DSCN8967_zps5958772d.jpg

I was given the simple-fyer and the Machinist Ready Reference the day I signed my apprenticeship papers.....Still have them and it brings back many good memories.

I use the Machinists' Ready Reference, the others live in a plastic bag. I've got AutoCad right next to the machines, it's much easier for me than trying to jump start my brain on trigonometry.

Its kinda sad and kinda funny. When I bought my lathe, it came with a bunch of tooling and a set of the previous owners dentures. I'd post a pic but gave them back.

bedwards

I'm gonna add one here that is as RARE asd they come. I do not own one but I have been after one for years. I have bid at auction twice and my 4 figure bid has never even come close. It is a "Braille Micrometer. This one is English in origin. Starrett had one also and made it available thru the American Foundation for the Blind.

"Billy G"

248282.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna add one here that is as RARE asd they come. I do not own one but I have been after one for years. I have bid at auctiopn twice and my 4 figure bid has never even come close. It is a "Braille Micrometer. This one is English in origin. Starrett had one also and made it available thru the American Foundation for the Blind.

"Billy G"
That's very interesting. It's also huge.

Back