Old School

you also might be old school if you used to lean over the bridge and see if you could look down the funnel when the train went underneath.

You are old school if you can even remember the word ARITHMETIC.

Several times?
....... Had to go back to apologize and clean off the sidewalk several times.
Obviously you didn't learn your lesson the 1st time! Teacher needed a bigger badder strap!

Cheers phil

Several times?Obviously you didn't learn your lesson the 1st time! Teacher needed a bigger badder strap!

Cheers phil

Rulers, my boy, rulers, big flat wooden rulers with steel edges. And the nuns knew how to use them. I still have scars...

Webbed Belt, 3 inches wide with a piece of metal inside. Hurt like the devil when hit on the palm of your hand. Mr. Graffe was the perveyer of the pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one teacher that was wicked. if a group of kids got caught he would make them paddle each other then if he did not think that you did a good job he would then paddle you. Everyone tried not to get caught by him. His favorite paddle was a hand carved piece of knotted oak.

Well I might have had to wash chalk off of a few sidewalks (some neighbors liked my artwork crude as it was) but otherwise I was
an angel. Sister Mary Ester used a wood ruler on the back of the hand, however never my hand.:)

.......snip....... His favorite paddle was a hand carved piece of knotted oak.

My fifth grade teacher, 27 years old short 5 foot 2 petite woman that wore some nice high heel shoes, still think about it today! Anyways, she had a "fiberglass", really was Plexiglass, paddle about 1/4" thick. Us boys were always trying to get in trouble just to get pops from that paddle. Needless to say, three hard pops from her swinging that paddle brought tears to my eyes. That was not fun!:bawling:

OK Bill, I'll play.

You might be old school if you do not have a cell phone.

You might be old school if your car does not have a computer in it.

You might be old school if pay your bills by USPS.

How's that for a start. What you got Bill?

Okay Randy, I'm old school. My grandchildren say I'm low tech guy in a high tech world. You won't believe what I got my granddaughter for Christmas this year. My wife asked her what she would like and she said a tablet. I went to Staples and bought two stacks of legal pads, one yellow and the other white. I gave them to my wife to wrap , she said Tassie wanted another type of tablet and she will get it herself. I got enough legal pad paper for the next 10 years.
mike

You are old school if you listened to Tommy Dorsey or Les Brown. Still have my Fischer Turntable. Also Have a Teac Reel to Reel and a Sansui 5000A blackbox. Keep em coming. I got more. ROTFLMBO
Throw in a set of Akai speakers and it sounds like you may have spent some time in southeast Asia during the 60's 0r 70's courtesy of Uncle Sam... Bill W.

Back