Old School

O.K., I think we've come to the inescapable conclusion that most of us are a bunch of old farts, and as for me, as I'm sure it is for most of you, that's just hunky dory. Now back to are regularly scheduled programing, or not.:cat: Mike

Old school?
Anybody remember $0.18 per gallon for gas? We used to have "gas wars" between filling stations. They still provided service.
$0.259 per gallon with a bonus of 4X S&H green stamps was the lowest I ever paid for gas here in Sacramento. With my '64 VW bug I could fill the tank and buy a carton of cigarettes, all for $5.00, and that would last me through the week.

Soda machine with a flip up lid and under 10 cents a bottle. Boy were they cold on a hot day.

Soda machine with a flip up lid and under 10 cents a bottle. Boy were they cold on a hot day.
Yes, the bottles were in an ice cold water bath. On the rare days my Dad would buy me one, they were outstanding! Then put the empty bottles back in the wooden cases so they could go back to be washed and refilled...

WE know that WE are old school when we start talking to a youngster "Now listen here, sonny boy."

REMEMBER WHEN GAS WAS .25 CENTS AND KEROSENE WAS .05 A NICKEL A GALLON, I WASHED A MANY A CAR, LAWN MOVER AND TILLER PARTS IN A GALVANIZED WASH TUB WITH 25 CENTS WORTH OF KEROSENE IN IT. NOW GAS IS $2.60 AND KEROSENE IS $4.99 A GALLON, WHATS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE. WE HAD A 1.5 GALLON WOODEN KEROSENE BUCKET WE KEPT FULL WHEN I WAS A KID, WISH I HAD THAT BUCKET NOW TO USE WITH MY 1924 DIESEL HERCULES HIT AND MISS ENGINE.

For you youngsters those are Drip Oilers. LOL Highly sought after items. They command high prices at times.

"Billy G"

Back