Old Delta planer model

I have a similar model. Here's the model number and serial number for mine.

I have the manual for it and it shows Model RC-33 for the model.

The belts are listed as: 428-06-133-0001 Matched Set of 3 V-Belts.

IMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

That (OP machine) looks just like my Delta 22-660 (DC-33) 13" Planer. Mine is currently partway disassembled waiting for a rebuild job but worked good when running. Its best to wax the bed on these with old fashion paste wax as they do not have the bed rollers. I do have manuals and part diagrams.

Getting belts might be problematic as Delta used a lot of custom length belts which are often NLA. I have not replaced mine yet but notes on the originals is below.

My notes on belts:
Cutterhead: 1330679 Original Delta part is NLA, Marked 3VX-335 (3/8" wide by 33.5" outside V Belt, cogged)
Gates has 3VX335 avilable which should be the same belt.

Roller drive - 1330678 (still available), Measures 3/8" wide by 22.75 on outside
Possible generics:
3VX220 = 22" outside, might be too short
3VX230 = 23" outside, might be too long, limited vendors

Last edited:
Simple two pulley calculator : Two Pulley Calculator All you need is section and length and any good industrial transmission or bearing factor will be able to supply.
One of the belts is hidden so apart from tearing it apart and waiting, I was hoping to get info 1st.
Aaron

Spot on. I did not see any images while searching that showed that type of handle on a 4-post version.
Invicta? Made in Brazil? Learn something everyday.
Matched Set of 3 V-Belts? That ought to be fun - not.

I have a similar model. Here's the model number and serial number for mine.

I have the manual for it and it shows Model RC-33 for the model.

The belts are listed as: 428-06-133-0001 Matched Set of 3 V-Belts.

View attachment 342289

View attachment 342290

Four screws to take the end cover off. What? 1 minute? you could then measure the centre distance of the pulleys and the pulley diameters.

Four screws to take the end cover off. What? 1 minute? you could then measure the centre distance of the pulleys and the pulley diameters.
As I suspected, these are not the same model. Here's a rough drawing I made when I had the cover off. As you can see the cover shape is different. The feed engage handle protrudes through the front side of the housing. The main drive belt is easy to measure but the feed belt is behind and not accessible without disassembly.

DSCF4502.JPG

Yeah, your cover looks completely different than mine.

Back