Old Delta planer model

All I can say is sometimes you just have to roll up your sleeves and dive on in. Make sure you measure everything six ways to Sunday and back again and take photographs. When sorted write down every bit of pertinent information in a hardcover notebook and find a way to affix it to the machine.

See attached for picture from the fine DC33 manual which matches my planer configuration.
They did have at least (2) distinct designs of this planer plus at least (1) minor iteration (type-1, type-2) on mine.
See my earlier thread for measured belt lengths and part numbers.
My machine is currently apart so cannot give you any shaft distance measurements.delta_DC33_belts.png

See attached for picture from the fine DC33 manual which matches my planer configuration.
Is there a link to that manual you can give me or some other way I might receive it?
Thank you very much!
Aaron

I ordered 2 belts from Amazon so we'll see. They did have a 22.5"
Thanks
Aaron

I'm trying to help my cousin find some belts for his planer. I can find no model info on it but here is a picture of one like it. Hope someone can give me a model number to try.
Thanks
Aaron
View attachment 342191
That's an RC 33. I've got one, but mine has the Rockwell badge. I have the books for it - I'll look for belt spec. Great machine. The original 4 post design now heavily copied. Castings were done in Brazil, machine work in PA, or at least mine was.

IMG_7865.JPG
I've got the manual, but it doesn't have the parts breakdown. If you hit the wall I can pull the cover and a belt to measure. I could use new ones on mine too.. Happy to share info from the manual. Lots of set up info. Great tool.

BTW I am just getting into rebuilding my Delta DC-33 planer, including replacing most ball bearings and seals.
If anyone has qustions on this model just give a shout out.
One of the oil seals is an oddball OD, so am going to the next size up, will need to turn the flange a bit on the lathe so it will fit.

BTW I am just getting into rebuilding my Delta DC-33 planer, including replacing most ball bearings and seals.
If anyone has qustions on this model just give a shout out.
One of the oil seals is an oddball OD, so am going to the next size up, will need to turn the flange a bit on the lathe so it will fit.
I considered upgrading / rebuilding mine - Would love to convert it to a Shelix head, but the cost (about a grand) for the cutterhead keeps those thoughts at bay. I've got a 12" combo machine from Hammer with a Shelix in it. Wow, what a difference in cut and noise.

Back