I will definitely share and thanks for suggesting the 16 series. I will start that this morning!

Lschgl99 thank you for suggesting the videos. I just watched part 1 in my shop while eating breakfast. This is going to be very helpful! I am going to watch it again in the morning and draw the part as he explains the steps. But for now going to have to shut down the shop. I promised my wife today would be her day. Going to take her to the beach and have lunch at a outdoor restaurant and then walk along the boardwalk. Now I would have to admit I would prefer to be working in my shop today but happy wife happy life.

thanks again

lee

^^^ I dunno man. If I could go to an outdoor restaurant and go for a walk on the boardwalk, I would be all over that. Freaking year of isolation along with a winter thrown in for good measure, I'm ready to go do something. Have fun!

I’m with 7milesup, your shop will be there when you get back, enjoy a nice day with your wife. And yes after the winter we have had, I am jealous you can sit outside for lunch, it is 41 here today, but at least all the snow is gone.

I drew what he did in the videos as well and that helped a lot with understanding and retaining the knowledge. I don’t recall now how much he covered with doing drawings, but the drawing section has everything you need to dimension your prints and you can use GD&T symbols as well if you like that. I use them extensively being a former engineer.

It was a nice day. Temperature was in the low 60’s. Sun felt nice. She had a hamburger and I had a salad with chicken. We walked for awhile and then sat at another outdoor restaurant and had a couple of glasses of wine as the sun went down over the ocean before driving home. I should be in the clear for a couple of weeks. I will be in the shop tomorrow. 7mile glad things are warming up in your neck of the woods. Hopefully you will be able to do the same soon!

lee

Lsgchgl99 just saw your post hope you will be able to do the same soon. Got to admit I like going up in the mountains here and visiting the snow for a couple of days but that’s it. I do like the weather here but really miss the people in Texas. The main problem with Texas is it gets damn hot in the summer not to mention the humidity. But hey breathing, losing a little weight feeling good, can’t complain to much.

Lsgchgl99 just saw your post hope you will be able to do the same soon. Got to admit I like going up in the mountains here and visiting the snow for a couple of days but that’s it. I do like the weather here but really miss the people in Texas. The main problem with Texas is it gets damn hot in the summer not to mention the humidity. But hey breathing, losing a little weight feeling good, can’t complain to much.
We tolerate the winters here for fantastic spring, summer and especially fall weather :) I live at 1,000 ft elevation at the top of a hill, so the summers are not that bad and we get a nice breeze. Now the 50 mph winds in the winter, that's another story! I retired from engineering and am now doing photography full time so I can raise the kids while my wife travels, I spend as much time as I can in the "mountains" around here, there is some incredible scenery nestled into this small state.

Any progress to report on the CNC conversion?

It’s been awhile, shortly after my last post I took a fall walking out of a restaurant with my family. Actually according to my wife I passed out. After about a week in the hospital and a angiogram all good. During my time off, my interest changed and I felt it would probably be better to purchase a used lathe and learn how to use it and then a mill. I also decided I would probably enjoy making parts manually instead of CNC.

I did get lucky in that I found a Emco Super 11 about a year ago and have completely disassembled it and cleaned it up with new coat of paint. It is just about complete. I found a really nice group on Facebook with other Super 11 owners and they have been a huge help in the process.

I will post pictures on this forum shortly.

Good to be back!

Lee

Actually according to my wife I passed out.
That happened to me a few months ago. I stood up, walked less than 10 feet and did face plant on the concrete. The guys at the shop called the emergency squad. When they took my heart rate it was 29. Slow even for me. I ended up in the hospital ER for the afternoon. They couldn't find anything wrong.
Later I got a heart monitor of some sort , Loop, put under the skin on my chest. There is a device by my bed that records any abnormal heart activity and sends it to the heart doc. After several months it hasn't recorded any thing strange. My blood pressure remains normal, heart rate 45 -55 my normal. Still alive. Hell to get old.

Back