New to me Lagun mill

That pump assembly pulls straight down, out of the reservoir - no screw threads. I blew some compressed air through it to get rid of the existing oil, dunked the whole thing in an ultrasonic cleaner with warm water and simple green, and in < 1 min, the plunger popped out. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into this issue :)

Attachments

• PXL_20240208_152941786.jpg
    PXL_20240208_152941786.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 10
Yeah, so that excitement was short lived. The plunger got stuck again. I ended up stripping the whole pump down and found a damaged little rubber/plastic thingy between the two sides of the pump. I emailed Intza, but not expecting a whole lot... anyone know where to get parts for these things?

This is so weird... If I disassemble and re-assemble the pump, I get maybe a dozen or so pumps before the plunger gets stuck again. Am I wasting my time with the Intza pump? Should I just get a Bijur and be done with it? If so, what do folks like days, the L5P?

If the rest of the oil system isn't in your plan to replace, make sure you select a new oiler that has compatible threads to your fittings. As far as I know, there are two common standards for oilers. My Lagun has a Japanese Showa automatic on it, and it is not compatible with Bijur fittings or line from what I've read. H-W Machine seems to carry a lot of different oiler parts, I'd bet they know a bit about the types of options out there.

Yeah, so that excitement was short lived. The plunger got stuck again. I ended up stripping the whole pump down and found a damaged little rubber/plastic thingy between the two sides of the pump. I emailed Intza, but not expecting a whole lot... anyone know where to get parts for these things?

To the extent it is more on the “plastic” side, could it be modeled and 3D printed?

Came to this thread because in two days my new to me FT-2 is being moved to my hobby shop. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Little update after a couple of months... I've got the FT-1S all set up. Here are the things I've done so far:
1. Installed a Teco E510 VFD + swapped out on/off/on switch with a smaller one to add room for a potentiometer for speed control
2. Installed a 3-axis TouchDRO-based DRO. Fabbing up scale and read head mounts was fun :)
3. Made my own way covers (Lagun wanted $1,500+)
4. 3D printed a spacer for the spindle bearing above the pulley. I had pulled this apart to clean it, but when I put it back together, it seemed to be crushing that top bearing, causing noise. I removed the 2x copper washers and 3D printed a 0.070" spacer to replace it - worked great!

I still have a few things left to do - like set up the tach on the TouchDRO, install a collet holder, etc but so far, this mill is working great! The lube pump has been working fine too as long as I don't use full strokes of the lever - been doing 1/2 strokes or so and not a single problem.

I have videos of some of this stuff, if anyone cares (and it isn't against policy to post links)... just let me know.

Thanks again for all your help!

Back